MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 05-02-11, 20:41

Default O/T Ontario MOT

There is another new twist in plating a vehicle. Now when you try to get your sticker the MOT checks with the Insurance Board to make sure your vehicle is insured. That in itself is not a problem but if it is a new to you vehicle and your insurance company hasn't registered your VIN with the Board then the only valid option is the "original" pink slip. You can't phone your insurance company from the MOT office and get a photo copy or fax of your policy. When I went in to the MOT yesterday to get new stickers one of my vehicles wasn't on the Board listing. Luckily I had taken in all my pink slips. The lady there said a guy came in the day he was leaving for Florida with his motor home. He just wanted a new sticker but he didn't yet have his pink slip and the vehicle wasn't on the Board. Two days and a trip to Toronto to his insurance company and he was on his way. This is just another instance of Big Brother watching us.
Cheers,
Barry

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.
Old 05-02-11, 20:48
carrier mech

Ah, for the good old days when you assembled a Jeep from a pile of scrap ones, went to the insurance/license plate office, paid your money and walked out with a set of plates.
Old 06-02-11, 02:23

Is this for getting the plate sticker or actaully getting a veh into the MTO system if no owner ship existed. You should still be able to get a veh registered with ownership without insurance so long as it is done as "unfit for road"
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer