MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 15-06-06, 22:11
RIP

Default Nobody loves Toronto !!

A young French Canadian,Jean Baptiste Latremouille said to his uncle on return from a short visit to Toronto.
"You know geezcrise,I doan like Toronto wortha shit.Dey got no goddam hospitality.One morning I'm going to a cup of coffee shop for get me some breakfast and I'm tell de girl.:
Please,I wan two pizz toast,she bring me wan pizz,so I say to her:Hexcuse me,I'm want two pizz,she say,"If you wan to pizz go to the toilet".I say "You doan hunderstand.I'm wan two pizz on the plate.She say:"doan you pizz on the plate,yo sonnuvabitch".So I'm walk out.
I'm go to Murrys' for dinner and de lady she bring me a spoon and a knife.She doan bring me a fork.I say "Lady,I wanna fork".She say:'What do you tink". "Everybody wanna do dat".I say:'You doan understand,I wanna fork on de table".She say:You doan care where you you do it ,you sonnavabitch".So I doan eat at all and go to may room.
When I get in my room,dere's no sheet on de bed.So I phone de manager and say:"I wanna sheet".He say:"If you sheet go on the bathroom".I'm tol him I'm not wanna sheet on the bathroom".I'm tol him I'm not wanna shhet on the bathroom I wanna sheet on the bed you sonnavabitch". So I get mad and go check out.
I go pay my bill and I'm tell dis guy I'm going to check out for Montreal.He say:"Well,my frien,goodbye and peace to you". I say:Pizz on you,you someofabitch". Because I'm so mad in de face I feel I can lick any man twice my heavy AND twice my old".
Old 18-06-06, 21:06
RIP

Default Tell J.B. he's got it wrong!

Gary,
According to a recent Readers Digest survey of 36 cities around the world,Toronto ranked 3rd. politest and Montreal 21st. I'm sure we're more hospitable aswell!
Cliff
Old 20-06-06, 23:15
3RD ECHELON WKSP

You may be correct Cliff on with regard to the RD survey, but , Toronto sucks, as do all cities...

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers
Old 21-06-06, 00:47
RIP

Default Nobody loves T.O.?

Sorry Chris,
I wasn't actually standing up for Toronto,but rather trying to diffuse what I perceived to be an obvious attempt at making a veiled racial slur ,directed at those of the "French" persuasion.
Cheers,Cliff.

Last edited by c. ladouceur (RIP); 21-06-06 at 00:57.
Old 21-06-06, 01:31
RIP

Default Monsieur Ladouceur

Quote:
Originally posted by c. ladouceur
Sorry Chris,
I wasn't actually standing up for Toronto,but rather trying to diffuse what I perceived to be an obvious attempt at making a veiled racial slur ,directed at those of the "French" persuasion.
Cheers,Cliff.
A vous monsieur.Cette "JOKE".est une que j'ai trouve dans les documents de mon pere que j'ai trouve pendant quand il etait dans guerre mondial,Peut-etre il les trouve pendant la guerre.Moi-meme,j'ai beaucoup des amies francophone,ici dans Quebec.Si vous pensez que j'avais dit quelque chose contre le peuple Quebecois,ca n'etait le jeste de mon Joke.Excuse moi donc monsieur,je parle le francais comme une vache espagnol

Felicitations

Votre ami
Garry
Old 21-06-06, 02:51
RIP

Default By the way Monsieur Ladouceur

You perceived a racial slur against you.Excuse me my friend.I am an anglo of Irish decent.I am perfectly bilingual,as a matter of fact ,the more beer you feed me,the more french I become(especially with French Canadien women-the most beautiful in this world).BUT DO NOT TELL ME I AM RACIAL.I grew up here and as less than 15 percent of this population.amid your people ,and not realizing I'm an anglo,and proud of it,it really pisses off the seperatist bastards when I reply to their taunts in their language.So sir,do NOT put on this thread anything about as you say and I qoute "RACIAL SLURS"
Bonne Soir Monsieur Ladouceur "A bientot"
Old 21-06-06, 15:33
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Well, this post is indeed funny and I`ll tell you guys why.
I enjoy taking shots at my friend Cliff, always in a friendly manner of course.
Garry, I must agree with you, re; french Canadian girls are the most beautiful.
Currently I am responding to this thread from Northern Quebec, in the La Sarre region to be specific. The land here is beautiful as is the lady I am staying with. I am immersed in the culture and have no choice than to try and brush up on my french skills.
I have found that much of the french / english bashing is bullshit propogated by those living in the larger centers (ie Montreal, Quebec City) and not really by the folks who make rural Quebec their home. I have had nothing but a warm welcome from the people as an Anglo in the midst of the Quebecois...

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers
Old 21-06-06, 22:52
RIP

Default Sorry Gary,I too like to joke.....

....but as you do not have to deal with this sort of thing on a personal level,you see a different side to it. You seem to be reasonable,(not withstanding your Irish background),and likely understand that less enlighten people are reinforce in their bigotry by this sort of portrayal of a group as ignorant and purblind,irregardless of your intent. However, it is a free country and you pay taxes,so say what you like .Anyway,I really only wanted to get a BIG RISE out of Chris,because he knows I am far from offended by any kind of French versus WHITE comments.
I am also thin-skinned when it comes to remarks about the Scottish,Spanish,Dutch,Native Canadians,Portuguese,Swiss-Germans, and Italians,as I am all of these.
Best regards,Cleophase,(Cliff)
P.S. SPANISH COW? Is that a slur?

Last edited by c. ladouceur (RIP); 21-06-06 at 23:16.
Old 21-06-06, 23:24
Vets Dottir

Hi.

I actually kind of enjoyed Garry's little story I'm part French (lotsa Vezina/Viznaugh/Pepin and other French genes) and didn't take it negatively ... I took it humorously as a joke about the accents and language differences that can create comical conversations and misunderstandings.

Ma Yappy ... who is part French but can't speak or read the language :
Old 21-06-06, 23:39
Vets Dottir

PS:

Hi Cliff ... long time no yap

Karmen
Old 21-06-06, 23:51
RIP

Default Bone- jure,allo ,Karmen

Mon Cheri/Ma Cheri, Karmen (sorry,my French is like a cow),
You are such a lovely and attractive lady,(in a very French,cultured way),and I miss you!Wish we could have spent more time getting to know each other before you moved so far away! You would certainly stand out in a crowd,even if you were part Martian!(Well,of course you would,dah!).P.M. me if you would like to talk to one of your own countrymen,or whatever.
Cheers,Cliff
P.S.
" VEZINA",oh,thats right,I too have a Jewish connection.
P.P.S.
Let me know if you ever want to send a hug to G.W-B..I'll drive right over and give him one.Please let him know I'm coming! I can also do it bilingually!

Last edited by c. ladouceur (RIP); 22-06-06 at 00:12.
Old 21-06-06, 23:58
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Re: Nobody loves Toronto !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
"You know geezcrise,I doan like Toronto wortha shit. Dey got no goddam hospitality."
After everything that's been said, nobody has yet told Garry that's the WORST French Accent I've ever heard!
Old 22-06-06, 00:01
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Bone- jure,allo ,Karmen

Quote:
Mon Cheri/Ma Cheri, Karmen (sorry,my French is like a cow),
Wish we could have spent more time getting to know each other before you moved so far away!
Cheers,Cliff
Hi Cliff,

Yes, I met a number of Geoff's friends and MLU-ers "just once" like you, and it really isn't enough time to get to know people. I loved meeting all of you at least the once though before heading West again. I regret not being able to attend CC5 this time round too. And Jon and Betty were such great hosts to me/us.

I did enjoy the geneology talk with you and Geoff when you visited us in Toronto

Thank you for your comments ... but you certainly flatter me in ways I don't deserve ... my attractiveness went South many years ago, as did my nice personality, but you are correct in that I stand out in a crowd these days ... people tend to think I'm drunk/stoned when they see me out waliking, or trying to walk. HEY ... LOOK AT ME! SEE ME (hobble hobble )

I hope you're well.

K.
Old 22-06-06, 00:03
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Nobody loves Toronto !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
After everything that's been said, nobody has yet told Garry that's the WORST French Accent I've ever heard!
Sock it to him baby

Hey, Tony, how ya doin'
Old 22-06-06, 00:08
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Bone- jure,allo ,Karmen

Quote:
" VEZINA",oh,thats right,I too have a Jewish connection.
I keep wondering if I'm related to Alain Vigneault because that's one of the misspellings (Vizneault/Vigneault/whatever) in old archived records for our family. Isn't the guy from Manitoba too He could well be "blood" connected to moi

Our Vezina's, GGGrandpa hailed from Quebec and somewhere back through the lines all the way to France, probably Normandy area.