MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > Your Relatives

Notices

Old 09-10-07, 10:41
Paul

Default Looking for wife's Canadian relatives

This may not be the place, and I will appreciate if the message is deleted but I am trying to find relatives of my good lady in Canada. Does anyone know anything of them?

The attached images are from a Northern Ireland paper in 1978 (which one I do not know), and are all the one article. My wife is a full cousin of the five children mentioned.

She spoke to Pearl relatively recently at a family funeral, and speaks to Trevor occasionally. Trevor works in the same Government dept as our son, different office. She does know that Mervyn died some time ago, but knows little else of the others.

She would just like to know how everyone is, and how things have been over the years. The cutting was found among a box of bits and pieces I was sorting out, and she does not know exactly how she came to have it.

Paul

Last edited by PPS; 09-10-07 at 10:53.
Old 09-10-07, 10:47
Paul

Default Canadian relatives

For some reason, the images did not attach

I will try again.
Attached Thumbnails
swscan00072.jpg  
Old 09-10-07, 10:51
Paul

Default Re: Canadian Relatives

And the second part.
Attached Thumbnails
swscan00073.jpg  
Old 10-10-07, 08:05
Vets Dottir 2nd

Hi Paul,

I'm glad you were able to attach the clippings ... and I just want to wish you and your lady LUCK in connecting with her relatives over here. I hope someone in MLU is able to connect, or connect someone else, to that grapevine, so your lady can get some news soon, or at least get a message passed on from her to the relatives that she is wanting to touch base with them. Local MLU-ers (Canada side) now have some names and locations that you've provided to start making some calls or something ... how cool is that?

Good luck in connecting with the relatives ... I always love "re-unions" ... family and it's history ... to me ... is special, even if just to find out ... 'How are you ... how have you been ... etc" ... (of course it ain't so much fun when the relatives don't wanna know ya ... skeletons DO happen, don't they? I should know, because I am one skeleton that certain relatives want back in the closet Too much information? Oops ... )

Karmen