MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 13-03-04, 19:28

Default Original Regimental Badge Art Published by William Scully Ltd. (1877)

Greetings,

The first installments of William Scully Ltd.'s Original Regimental Badge Art is now posted at www.williamscully.ca
Please visit the photo gallery for viewing.

This original artwork has never before been published, and has
never been made available outside of our firm.

Most of the work dates back to WWI and was developed on Crescent St. and at our University St. plant in Montreal under the guidance of William Scully himself.

These drawings played a significant role in defining the symbols of the Canadian Forces. It is from these drawings that the badges and insignia hallmarked "Scully" (and the rest) were manufactured. This work continues today.

There are many more installments to come.

Enjoy,

Will Scully
Old 13-03-04, 21:55
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Old Name...

Scully...Old and honourable name as providers of first class Canadian Military Kit..
I enjoyed your web site and added comments to Haile Selasse's pix..I was on an honour guard for him in /'67 or '68 and he was wearing the summer uniform show on the site..A small man in stature ,probably under 5(Five) ' tall but as his title says ..a Lion among men..
Welcome to MLU Will...
Old 14-03-04, 12:52

Default Badge drawings

Hello Will. Great resource for badge collectors. Could the date for each of the drawings be included? These are important for collectors. I have posted your note and the link on the Canuck site, as many badge collectors visit there.
Does Scully have the date badges were ordered and the quantity of badges ordered? Would the drawings be made available in booklet form for collector's reference?
It was great to see these drawings of some very scarce and desireable badges.
Old 14-03-04, 17:46

Default Badge design dates

I can look into this. Frankly, our weekly payroll keeps us from spending too much time on our past work. I should be able to find some dates. Note some designs are dated.

What I plan to do is post another several installments this week. Once the rest are posted, I'm planning to go through everything and date and title each design.

I use the word "design" as opposed to "drawing" because it is important to note that these are not drawings of badges, but rather the roughs and final blueprints from which the badges were made.

There are no plans to print these in a booklet. Perhaps if the interest is there later on. In the mean time, I'm just going to keep posting images I find in dusty albums to the site. I'm going to do my best to get this history out there in an efficient and accurate manner. There should be another hundred or so images up in the next few weeks.

Just when you thought all there was to know on the subject was known.......

Best,
Will
Old 18-03-04, 01:50

Default More Original Canadian Badge Designs

Greetings,

I've now reached approximately 500 original badge designs dating back 125 years.

The original badge design for the RCMP is also posted.

I have another few albums to go.

If you have digital images of "Scully" badges that you would like to share, please email them to sales@williamscully.ca and I'll post them to the site with proper recognition.

Thanks and enjoy.

Very best,

Will Scully