MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 11-01-08, 04:50

Hi Guys, Thank you for your warm welcome. The Bofors arrived today and the Traverse Motor is missing..pinched recently along with the three small brass switch position plates. safe/single/auto. These shouldn`t be a problem as I have a Pantograph. The front levelling ram insert is also missing along with the Gun`s buffer. The Barrel and spring have a small Oxy cut...I maybe able to locate a suitable replacement.
The Bofor is a No.12 made at the Otis Fensom Plant 1942 Serial 8032 with usual Bristol modifications. There is a lot of surface rust apparent albiet very light. The Electrics are in amazingly good condition with all the wiring/solenoids/switches present..short of the Trav. Motor.

The shells did come with the Gun., appears to be around 100 or so. They have the plugs and are lightly rusted and I`m pretty sure that a light bath of dilute Phosphoric Acid should fix that problem. It`s interesting to note that they were made at Woodville GMH Holdens plant less than 2 miles from where I grew up.
An hour after the Bofors turned up, three Oerlikons 20mm all uncut. I`ll be a busy boy for a while yet.
Regarding Manuals I`ll take any I can get my hands on.Pricing & Post ? then I`ll remit.

Thanks again Chaps. Regards Jon.