MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 06-09-04, 17:17
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Restoring a Ford C11ADF station wagon

Hello all,

A friend here in OZ is restoring a rare Ford C11ADF station wagon , he has been working on it for many years , and the rerstoration standard is very high .

He is wondering if anybody has the AEDB design volume data on the C11ADF ? If so could you please scan the pages and email to me.

I will pass on the information to my friend .

Thanks for any assistance

Mike Kelly
Old 28-03-08, 00:12

Bob Schutt has well and truly got his C11ADF Ford Woody on the road and it is great to see such a vehicle again running around in its desert colours.

Bob has asked if we can come up with an Australian number for a C11ADF. He has the Ford block order numbers and thinks they were all from British stock and not via a separate Australian order. He has photos of Australian Ford Woodies with part of the numbers visible with what looks like AIF just stencilled above the existing British number. Bob is such a stickler for an authentic identification that he is holding off marking his vehicle until he gets an actual Australian use number.

Can anyone help to get this vehicle completed!

Lang
Old 28-03-08, 00:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lang View Post
Bob is such a stickler for an authentic identification that he is holding off marking his vehicle until he gets an actual Australian use number.
All of the photos I have of these Station Wagons are from the AWM and none show an ARN but some show the Commonwealth number plate on the front. A lot of the photos are of 3 Squadron RAAF in the desert. Attached is one photo showing the vehicle of 3 Squadron and you can clearly see the number plate on the front but not quite good enough to read it.
Attached Images

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 28-03-08, 02:04
Pops

Cliff I found a Aussie number for a 12 cab ford once using the engine number at the AWM looking through a block of 12 cabs, you can be lucky
Max