MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 09-11-21, 21:08
Seaforthpiper

Default BSA Paratrooper's folding bicycle

SOLD!

2nd model BSA 'parabike' (with the single vertical tube.) in 'riding' condition, although it could easily be restored to 'show' condition.
Original paint, with 2 of the 3 original decals clearly visible and the third 'just' visible.
The frame folds readily and the wing-nuts tighten and loosen as they should.
The pedals extend and retract as they should.
The Brooks seat is the correct model but the wrong colour (Brooks still makes these, and when I saw this seat in a local bike shop I bought it at once)
The wheel rims have been plated sometime after the war, and the original handlebars have been replaced with a civilian set (I've ridden a bike with original handlebars, and I consider this replacement set to be more comfortable - which I imagine was why they were switched out sometime in the 1950s) Original handlebar sets sometimes come up on eBay and on the Stuart Bray website (https://www.stuart-bray-motorcycles.co.uk/.../bsa.../) or a talented person could bend this set of bars to appear like the original design.
the brakes are complete, but these pads are seriously old - when I ride this I joke that I need to wire ahead to make an appointment to stop!
these bikes with the proper bits - handlebar and T-locking handlebar post - go for upwards of 2700 Pounds Sterling, so this price of $2000 Canadian reflects the relative condition of this bike.
Photos on request.
Located in Vancouver BC. Shipping will be 'at cost'.info@westcoastkilts.com

Last edited by Rob MacDonald; 14-10-23 at 02:47. Reason: dropped the price by 33%