MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Old 20-07-08, 16:35

Default post war vehicle markings

Could some one direct me to or provide me with information on vehicle markings for 2PPCLI that would be used on an M38jeep?

Gord
Old 21-07-08, 03:01
Centurion nut

Default Where and When?

Gordon,

Do you know which year and at which post you are looking for? Are you interested in pre-unification markings (Canadian Army) or post (Canadian Forces)? Do you wish to know the markings for Canada, Germany or Cyprus? Or are you interested in all of the above? I don't believe that the M38 CDN was used in Korea at the time 2 VP was there as they were purchased a couple of years after their tour.

Unfortunately one can't just say, for example, it was the generic red square with a white 56 on it for the entire post-war period.

Cheers,
Dan.
Old 21-07-08, 17:52

Default markings

Dan

Thank you for responding to my request for information. The information I need is for in Canada, late fiftys early sixties. The M38 is being used to drive our branch padre emeritus in a parade, who was a 2PPCLI padre, for a Cenotaph redication.

I don't seem to be able to access MLU without great difficulty, and that is why I am so slow at responding, so could you please e-mail any info directly to me at gtyeo@tcc.on.ca. It takes hours of repeated attempts before I can get the site to connect and if you don't mind a direct e-mail it would be appreciated.

thank you
Gord