MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 15-05-17, 14:37

Default C15TA Brake question

I am unfamilier with the brake system that the TA uses. Has the piston thingie connected to the brake master cylander....

Ok , the TA arrived with an empty master cylander. I filled and left for a few days to see if there wer obvious leaks. Didn't see any. Do began bleeding them wheel points. Didn't get air with fluid... just fluid.

I recalled this ha some kind of brake assist that my old C-15 A didn't have.

When I step on the pedal, the pedal goes to the floor and stays there, but I can catch with my toe and bring back

Looks like the return spring is there.
I the brake assist is complicating things. Any suggestions? Yeah, I realize I am asking truck 101 beginer questions. I have a parade coming up end of May and won't take the truck with just the handbrake....

I am not too proud to ask for help....

Cheers
Jim
Old 15-05-17, 19:27

Default Start with search on the word booster

Hi Jim

Over the years there have been numerous threads talking about the brake assist or Booster. So start with a search on the word "booster" that it will give you some pictures of what the unit looks like. Which I think will help narrow down your efforts to get your brakes working.

Here is a good thread to start with as it has pictures of the booster. http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ter#post220149

From experience can tell you that just because the brake system doesn't leak dose not mean the brakes will work. You need to confirm that each wheel cylinder is actually moving both brake shoes. I learned the hard way when I first got my HUP many moons ago. Topped up the brakes it felt like I had brakes but when I stomped on the brakes the HUP turned violently right.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com