MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Old 16-12-14, 00:52

Default HUMVEE's now available for sale in USA

Apparently the first sale of these vehicles is coming up in two days at the following site:

www.govplanet.com

Starting price is $10,000.00 USF. No Title will be given and the buyer must declare intended use prior to purchase. Presently no US States have plans to allow them on the road, so use of them looks severely limited. The US Military plans on selling off about 4,000 of them over the next few years.

David
Old 16-12-14, 01:03

Well you could always send them up here, we could find a use for them and some of us folks can get things registered even if others can not.

Just knocks the bottom out of the value of those who own them already

Happy Holidays or if you are an utter pagan like myself, Happy Christmas!

R
Old 16-12-14, 02:16
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
No Title will be given and the buyer must declare intended use prior to purchase.
That is the end use certificate. It is more about informing the buyer what he cannot do (like export etc) rather than what the buyer intends to do.

Here is a sample of the latest form: http://www.govliquidation.com/forms/EUCForm.pdf

I have always wanted a Humvee, even if it will just be a ranch wagon. Here's hoping some will be available for export.
Old 16-12-14, 06:29

"without valid export permit" would be enough to get you one Rob.

R
Old 16-12-14, 06:42
carrier mech

The other websites have been abuzz about these for the past weeks. This is not the first time in recent years that Humvees were about to be auctioned, then pulled at the last minute, so the guys have been especially nervous. The 4,000 number could be a bit less if other government agencies ask for them, or grow to be more if the DOD decides it is worthwhile to remove the armour kits from Humvees to make them softskin again and available for sale.

The next few days will tell if this is going to happen. There are some who will lose on their existing investments, while others are glad they may get to buy two Humvees for the same amount of cash they currently spend to get one. As well, these Humvees are from the dry areas and have not seen the salt of the previous offerings. Mid 90s Humvees with very low mileage....a collector's dream.

I will wait for the market to settle, then see who is offering export from the US. I was just thinking about checking one out that was advertised here in Canada, but I think I'll wait now.
Old 09-07-15, 05:02

Default Humvees in Canada

I have an original production year ('85) ex-USMC M998 that was caught-up in the original Marine Corps 'oops' auction back in 1999. I imported it here a few years ago from NC without much difficulty and it's fully registered for highway use here in Ontario. From what i understand there's only around a couple of dozen in all of Canada, the majority being out west. The humvees getting auctioned recently by the US Gov't all go with the strict stipulation that they can't ever be registered for on-road use. I'm sure a few of the highest bidders will somehow find a way around that, but the majority of the new owners will be stuck with expensive farm trucks or trailer queens. That said, if anyone up here decides to buy a humvee from south of the border on Ebay or whatever, make sure it's already titled/registered for highway use down there. Also, pay the extra and have a US-based exporter who's familiar with military vehicles take care of the US beaurocracy and ppwk for you.
Old 09-07-15, 05:17

Default Humvees in Canada

Here's my truck. Quite a rarity in these parts and it certainly gets lots of public attention.
Attached Thumbnails
My Humvee 1.jpg   My Humvee 2.jpg   My Humvee 3.jpg   My Humvee 4.jpg  
Old 09-07-15, 11:36

As someone who imports vehicles and does a lot of paperwork on them for various reasons I agree with what Gord has said.

Know what you are doing or get someone who does, failure to do so ends up in tears, often.

Robin