MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 14-02-03, 22:16
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Overlord 2003

This is our friend Richard 'McStolly' Notton's Solent Area MVT show, scheduled for this year on the British bank holiday, 24-26 May. Both visitors and participants can camp for a week before and a week after, and I understand that there is in fact a large contingent of 'regulars' who pretty much make this a week-long event in any case...

Last year's attendance was somewhere around 300 vehicles, so it's not a small operation by any means; the difference between it and Beltring from a participant's perspective is no cost, no hassle, no kids on quads and a much closer community spirit! Held near Portsmouth on the Channel coast, the Solent show is easily accessible from just about anywhere, including Gatwick (by train), which is where I intend to be starting the local leg of my trek...

Please see http://www.solentmvt.co.uk/ for more information, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask... several of us here have an "in" with the organizer...

PS: Next year, 2004, will see this show as the jumping-off point for the 60th anniversary of D-Day in Normandy. Attendance will be huge and space limited, so best acclimatize yourselves THIS year so you can have space reserved for next.
Old 15-02-03, 22:15
Kettenkrad driver

Default See you there!

We'll go to the OVERLORD SHOW, too. Hope to see you there (not sleeping).
I think it is not bad to meet at a smaller show. Beltring 2002 was much too busy.

Bovington is near and many other tourist attractions, too. Raimondo from Naples will come, too.

Best regards
Andreas
Old 18-04-03, 06:20
Vets_Dottir

Question D-DAY

Hi.

Where do I find out more about the D-DAY 60th anniversary events???

Thanks. Carman
Old 02-07-03, 14:04

Default Normandy 2004

Hi,
Try contacting the MVT Tour Administrator, Colin Smith who is doing a lot of the ground work for members of the MVT (Military Vehicle Trust). His E-Mail address is: normandy.tour2004@ntlworld.com
Tel:01256 414564
You may have to act pretty quickly as they are almost fully booked for the vehicles/owners which are attending.
The tour itinerary includes an event in Bayeaux, and a convoy of vehicles moving down to the Falaise area with the help of the local gendarmes.
Hope this helps
Keith
Old 05-07-03, 16:08
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default I'll have more here shortly...

SUNRAY MINOR and I will be going to Southampton 25 May next year... we'll do the show, whereupon the lot of us (Notton, Ballard, Tooes et al) will "invade" Normandy 04 Jun. Richard's OVERLORD Show is the traditional jumping-off point for any Normandy celebrations.

I'll keep you posted on arrangements.