MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Old 24-06-03, 00:23
Militariaguy

Default Anyone have an RT-524/VRC set with Antenna?

Interested in a RT-524A/VRC set with AS-1729/VRC antenna assembly for my jeep.Saw some on Ebay but most seem reluctant to ship to Canada.Anyone know of a dealer of these items in Canada?

CHEERS,Mike.
Old 24-06-03, 06:18
M38A1 CDN3

Default RT 524A

Good luck. I've been looking for same for some time. I"ve got everything for an AN/VRC-46 set except for the RT.

Got a couple of quotes from the US...upwards of $8000.00 each! (plus an end-user export certificate).

I can direct you to a guy in Atlantic Canada who has AT-1729, ( CX-3606, cables, brush guard, headset, handset, antenna elements). I paid $120.00, all in.
Old 24-06-03, 22:50
Militariaguy

Default RT 524/VRC

8000.00 Bucks? for a 524/VRC?..I don't know what I,m looking at on Ebay then but ones that I have been looking at are selling between 300 and 400 bucks U.S in working order and much less for non working.Maybe I,m looking at completely the wrong thing but it sure looks like the same that we had in our Grizzlies in RCR.I,m a badge and weapons guy so I confess to being naive when it comes to comms gear. I,d love to hook up with the guy you mentioned with the accesories though.The price you quoted for that gear is fantastic in my uninformed opinion.Let me know and I,ll buy all that stuff.
Thanks again John,You,ve been a great help with this stuff and my cousin and I were just talking the other night that we wished we had paid more attention to this stuff when they were in use in The CF.Question about power cables.Do they screw right into my 24V converter and are the American plugs different from ours.mine has three prongs where as alot of the yank cords I,ve seen have 4.Thanks again John for your help,I really appreciate it.

Cheers,Mike.
Old 26-06-03, 02:16
M38A1 CDN3

Default RT-524A...and problems

Michael: I've sent you a PM as well as e-mailing you from your profile. I don't see anything indicating that either got through.

Since these were rather lengthy posts related to the subject, I hesitate to try any other means of transmission (if there is any other).

Hey, moderator, is there a problem extant?

Pronto needs help from Sunray.
Old 26-06-03, 17:42
Militariaguy

Default Comms received

Hi Jon.......All Comms received,have been digging out in the heat,have emailed you reply.
Cheers,Mike.