MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 22-11-09, 03:20

Default Ford 3 ton MCP dump truck.

I am on a roll with pictures so here goes with another future project I have had in my yard for the past 15 years.I am currently using a 1976 Chevy 5/4 ton cargo truck to pull my carrier around but would like to one day restore this truck to tow the carrier.I have it running but has a newer flathead engine in it.The dump box goes up so the cylinder and pump are good.I am also missing the data plates on this truck and have taken a picture of 4 screws on the front of the dash wondering if this is where they were originally mounted and what did the data plates look like?Does anybody have an MCP truck with the plates still there I could get a reference for what type I am looking for? I found the serial number stamped in the frame on the right side between the rear spring hangers so made it the CFR number on the door.I have registered the truck so I am ok there but would like to find a set to put in the truck.I have found a date in the left glass in the Ford emblem of 2-44.

1943 Bantam T-3 1/4 ton trailer
BSA folding airborne bicycle ser#R5325 (early)
Old 22-11-09, 05:20
RIP

Default dump

hi derk.just have to say,nice ford.man o man those western trucks sure stay in good shape.great vehicles derk.regards jim.
Old 20-07-10, 07:30

Default Another Ford MCP saved;

With the help of Rob Love who spotted this truck on a farm auction listing and told me it was coming up for auction,we both went down and I managed to buy it and was very happy as it has alot of parts I will need to restore my MCP dump truck one day.The engine is stuck but filled it with diesel and see what happens down the road.The door handles,some glass is good,radiator,fenders,hood,one of the data plates I was missing,spare rims etc. All in all a good day at the auction and another truck saved.Rob also made a purchase but I'll let him tell it!

Derk.
Old 15-08-11, 23:52

Default dump box for Modified conventional pattern trucks.

Hi Harry,
I am at a computer at work and cannot work with photo's so will bring up this thread again to show the dump box that is for sale in the "FOR SALE & TRADE" section.Wish it was closer,I would buy it for the tailgate and data plate on the side of the box that is missing on the right side of mine.
Regards,Derk
Old 17-08-11, 05:31

Default Same Box

That is the same box it looks great with the Truck. Have you done anything lately with it?
Jeff
Old 17-08-11, 15:00
carrier mech

Hey Derk: I just noticed that you have a different license plate on the front of the truck than the back. What kind of foolery is that?
Old 17-08-11, 19:41
former Resident Historian

Default Model?

I am useless at Ford model numbers so it a C29-U with the Ford engine or a C21-U with the Mercury engine? Or none of the above?
Old 17-08-11, 23:38

Default MCP Dump Truck

Hi Jeff,
With so many projects on the go right now,I have to let it sit in the driveway.I look at it every day and some days am tempted to start a restoration but my Ford 3 ton CMP ambulance is all ripped apart and ready for the sandblasters but decided to restore My Ford GPW jeep first and am currently working on it so the dump truck will have to wait.Rob Love found another Ford MCP truck at a farm auction for me and I wound up buying it for spare parts so when the time comes,it will give me some better parts to restore the truck.Rob not only found the truck for me but I had to borrow money off of him to buy it and then he hauled the truck home for me and is being stored at his place!! I don't know what I would do without a friend like Rob to keep the addiction of buying old military vehicles to keep the MV disease going!Thanks Rob.
I put on the plates to keep the municipal by-law officer from sending me a letter saying I have too many unregistered vehicles in the yard.I figure he only sees one side of the truck so the plates don't have to match.Must have worked,nobody has bothered me yet!
David,
The data plates were gone when I bought the truck and would like to know myself what the model of truck is and what the data plates look like for a Modified Conventional Pattern vehicle .Does anybody have a picture of an original set of plates for these type of vehicles?I have an original maintenance manual for the dump body but no manual for a MCP truck.Sure would be interested in the dump box for it's tailgate and data plate on the side if it was closer to me as my tailgate has a grain chute cut into it.Not a huge job to fix but would be easier to replace with one that didn't need work!My plan is to use this truck as a tow vehicle to move my carrier around instead of my 5/4 ton.One Day!
Regards,Derk.
Old 21-12-17, 04:32

Default Modified Conventional data plates

Hello! Do you still need a photo of the data plate? I have an almost identical 1943 cab and Chassis. I'm mean identical! I thought it was actually a picture of my truck! ..... It was used by the RCASC. The data plate is still in place in the middle of the dash, held on with 4 screws! Kind regards, Andy.
Old 21-12-17, 04:59
carrier mech

Andy

The truck is now mine...Derk now collects police cars although he does have a couple MVs left.

Sure, post a pic on here. I'll get around to that truck yet.
Old 21-12-17, 05:20

Hi. Tried to post pics, but not successful. Getting a weird error message about a missing security token?? I've emailed the administrator. I'll keep trying..
Old 21-12-17, 05:57
carrier mech

Your photo is too large. Move it onto an editor like paint and adjust the size smaller. I think I reduce one of the two numbers to 800 and it works for me.

Read about it here: http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19
Old 21-12-17, 21:21

I feel I ought to point out that a three tonner with payload up to 6000 lbs would not have a CZ number (up to 15cwt), but a CL one. Nice pics though; I've not seen a Ford dumper before. Body looks lthe same as the Dodge T110 version.
Chris
Old 21-12-17, 22:10
carrier mech

Here are some shots of the D60S/DD here at the Shilo museum. Same dump box, although this one was extended. The truck, as can be seen in the photos, is right hand drive.

The truck was given a restoration back in the 90s, however has since languished and taken on a few war wounds from being shifted around. I'll try and get to it eventually, but there are already a lot of projects ahead of it.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01135.jpg   DSC01136.jpg   DSC01137.jpg   DSC01138.jpg  
Old 22-12-17, 20:42

To OP and Rob, I know nothing about those MCPs but wish to say that is a cool looking truck.
Old 22-12-17, 22:34
carrier mech

Best thing is that a lot of the parts, upholstery, glass, etc, are all available from the collectors market. You can even get the windows watermarked with the ford logo and dated to your truck.
Old 23-12-17, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
Best thing is that a lot of the parts, upholstery, glass, etc, are all available from the collectors market. You can even get the windows watermarked with the ford logo and dated to your truck.
Good lord that would make life easy when the time comes to restore.
Old 25-12-17, 00:28

Default Ford 3 ton dump truck

I have a 6000 lb gravel box on a F1500 CMP that has a mechanical lift,not hydraulic , Dose anyone have any information on this type of hoists ? It looks like a rear end , driven by a PTO . Use forward and revers to lift it and lower it .
M2A1Halftrack ,CMP #11 F15A1 #13 F15A1
RAF Fordson Tractor, 42 WLC HD
No.2MK11 CT267514 center CB24713 bottom hull25701 ,No.2 MK2 parts
MK1 10128 ,(2) MK1 ,Parts Hull9305 .Hull 10407
Hull plate # 7250 all have walk plate on back steps
1917 Patent modle amphibious army tank