Vets_Dottir

Smile I'm Proud to call you CANADIAN!

_______HAPPY____CANADA____DAY______

TO EVERYONE!!!

Love Little Miss Yappy
Old 06-07-03, 06:30
Art Johnson

Default Happy Canada Day Carman?

I live on a crescent of less than 100 houses Myself and one other house were flying the Canadian Flag on July 1. I'm have a flag on my van and over the holiday I saw three other vehicles flying the flag. I also have an Amercan flag on my van they are the best friends we have wether we like it or not. My son says "aren't you going a little bit overboard". My best man's son says " Are you trying to make a statement". My reply was "your bloody right I am if I could get a Union Jack I would put it up also". I'm Canadian of British ancestry and I'm proud of it. My father, my brother and I all fought for Canada's principles and I don't intend to back down to any of the PC crap.
Old 06-07-03, 07:48
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: Happy Canada Day Carman?

Quote:
Originally posted by Art Johnson
I live on a crescent of less than 100 houses Myself and one other house were flying the Canadian Flag on July 1. I'm have a flag on my van and over the holiday I saw three other vehicles flying the flag. I also have an Amercan flag on my van they are the best friends we have wether we like it or not. My son says "aren't you going a little bit overboard". My best man's son says " Are you trying to make a statement". My reply was "your bloody right I am if I could get a Union Jack I would put it up also". I'm Canadian of British ancestry and I'm proud of it. My father, my brother and I all fought for Canada's principles and I don't intend to back down to any of the PC crap.
Thanks Art!!! and RIGHT ON! Sad you didn't spot more flags And PROUD of you, your brother and your Dad for fighting for your/our principles. Do you give lessons in "giving up the wimp" for people like me?

I've got the old mixed ancestry too, ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, FRANCE, ICELAND POSSIBLY IRELAND, and of course...CANADA! and my youngest daughters father is American born and bred, he's African American andhas Native bood as well.

United Nations is our blood ... I'd like a flag that represents all of our heritages

By the way, Uncle Eddie's mom was Metis... FRENCH-CREE...Grampa was some of that and everything else. In away, Uncle Eddie is at home, at rest in France...our Viznaugh/Vezina side
Old 06-07-03, 11:04
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default Union Jack

Coo - our flag flying in Canada, virtually banned here!, but please, it's only the Union Jack when flown onboard a ship, otherwise it's the Union Flag!

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 06-07-03, 23:05
Art Johnson

Default It is still the Union Jack

By common usage it is still called the Union Jack where ever it is raised.
I refer you to a very interesting web site on the subject.

http://www.jdawiseman.com/papers/uni...nion-jack.html
Old 06-07-03, 23:48
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default Thanks Art

I learnt about the history of our National Flag from a Royal Navy Commodore during my Cadet PO Instructors course at Whale Island - the home of naval drill and gunnery training - so obviously he was biased. It would appear that due to yet more meddling in our national affairs by parliament ( albeit a long time ago) that this is the only instance where the terms flag & jack are BOTH correct.

( In true Orwellian tradition I maintain that one is more correct than the other)

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 09-07-03, 02:33
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Canadian flag

Now I know Jif doesn't like the Maple Leaf flag much but it's all I have and I sometimes fly it from the gun mount on my CMP... also you'll see in Year of the Blitz the Maple Leaf was flying from one of the CMPs along with a lot of Aussie flags too.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 05-07-05, 03:15
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Happy Canada Day Carman?

Quote:
Originally posted by Art Johnson
Art ... I love this post you did, and think that today, July 4th, is a good day to revive it ... in honour of our "neighbors" ... who are also friends and family .....

Fly your flags proudly ... and to all of you/us!

Karmen