MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 18-03-09, 14:40
Mark

Default Border Raid

Going back about 3 years now I met a gent in the Wangarrata main street who approached me while I sat in the ToyDodge and asked me to pop around to his home to have a look at a wreck in his paddock. When we arrived I found the remain of a Ford Blitz Ambo and at the time was not all that inspired but I kept the gents details and advertised it on this forum. No one took him up on the body.

Well this year I was inspired by Hugh Tompson, the Townsville Am,bo and Bandianas and made my mind up to try and save the body. After a quck call I was happy that the scrappy had not been around and asked the missus if she could drag down my Tri axle recovery trailer the 400km to Corowa and she agreed.

Now all I needed was manpower and we established a border raiding party consisting of Ashly Wilson, "the Real Wilson", the Grubers Mark and Ben, Howard Holgate his offsider lee and yours truley. We all piled into the wifes car, thats right all seven of us and headed off after 5 of the crew learned about Gainman time, its about a parsec behind Yass Hedges time and thats a fair amount.

The raid went well the poor mexicans were all in bed as we crept over the Murray River at dawn and snuck into Wangarrata before the shops opened. With seven on hand we loaded in a matter of minutes and were off with the booty. Made a quick stop to pick up an unregisterd vehicle permitt for Rick Cove from the local Gov offices and were back at Corowa for morning tea with the body secured.
Attached Thumbnails
P1000342.JPG   P1000343.JPG  
Old 18-03-09, 23:26

G'day All, You theiven b****rs LOL , I would have been in on that raiding party if I was around, cheers Dennis
ps watch out for some