MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 14-04-13, 01:47

Default Did I have FUN today

Hi All

Wasn't sure if this should go under Show and Events or Sergent's Mess but what ever I had fun today. Our local MV club held its annual meeting at one of the members places he has a large highly specialized sand and gravel business that gives him an excuse to indulge his military vehicle collection.

Any way after the meeting he gave us the opportunity to drive a wide selection of military vehicles. Everything ranging from HUMVEE through, Duce and Half, Five Ton, Wrecker to an articulated Hemet (the US Marine Trailer version) it can fairly be said that were the face of the day.

The first photo is inside one of three shops, and yes they are all this clean, the M113 is the tow missile T head version which is getting a new engine.

The third photo is me driving a HEMET would just love to show up at the DMV to take my drivers test in this. It is definitely different to drive something were you sit in front of the front wheels which have a limited turning angle but the unit bends in the middle. Air brakes bit touchy until you realize the first 1" is gentle braking any more pressure than that with an empty truck on dirt roads will result in wheel lock up.

Though all the trucks have warning labels saying hearing protection mandatory without exception they were all quieter than either of my C60 trucks at full throttle in anything other than 4th gear. Though I will say that the C60 steering effort when the trucks are in motion is comparable.

Quite the day.

Cheers Phil
Attached Thumbnails
W April 13 2013 Annual Meeting 016.jpg   W April 13 2013 Annual Meeting 024.jpg   W April 13 2013 Annual Meeting 027.jpg   W April 13 2013 Annual Meeting 030.jpg   W April 13 2013 Annual Meeting 031.jpg  

`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 14-04-13, 03:06
WO8 C15A 142736

Lucky you and yes air brakes are verry touchy after CMP brakes