MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 15-12-05, 16:26

Default Snow storm

Well there is no stopping it now, winter is here to stay. I'm not sure how everyone else is fairing at this , but we here are getting dumped on big time . I was just outside and measured the snow and back is getting sore thinking about it. 32.5 centimeters or for our southern friends that is 13 inches and still falling heavy . They are calling for it to snow all day , with totals up to 50 centimeters or 25 inches by the time it is done . The worst part of it all is the snow is heavy and it is mild so snow packs under tires and makes it slippery .
Anyone else getting this storm take care and don't drive if you don't have to .

Eric
Old 15-12-05, 16:57
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Snow storm

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric Korhonen
Well there is no stopping it now, winter is here to stay. I'm not sure how everyone else is fairing at this , but we here are getting dumped on big time . I was just outside and measured the snow and back is getting sore thinking about it. 32.5 centimeters or for our southern friends that is 13 inches and still falling heavy . They are calling for it to snow all day , with totals up to 50 centimeters or 25 inches by the time it is done . The worst part of it all is the snow is heavy and it is mild so snow packs under tires and makes it slippery .
Anyone else getting this storm take care and don't drive if you don't have to .

Eric
Eric
Hasn't started here yet..Have about an inch of old snow on the ground...
I'm sure we'll get our share..
(Ottawa)
Old 15-12-05, 17:54

My math is not too good this morning . 50 centimeters isn't 25 inches it's ONLY 20 inches lol Seems we will get a break .
I think they are to get this today into tonight in southern Ontario areas. So just fair warning for you .

Eric
Old 15-12-05, 21:49
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

It's a bloody blizzard outside my office here in Toronto right now. I was hoping it was going to miss us and dump all its good stuff on Ottawa, but alas, I think this is a Warning for what will happen to us if we vote Liberal in January...
Old 16-12-05, 02:21
a Canuck/Brit in Blighty

Default winter out west

Vancouver (Reuters)

Day 2 - Vancouver Blizzard 2005 - Revenge of the Commuters

Chilled Vancouver commuters faced their second day of winter hell today as an additional ¼ centimeter of the peculiar white stuff fell, bringing the lower mainland to its knees and causing millions of dollars worth of damage to the marijuana crops.

Scientists suspect that the substance is some form of frozen water particle and experts from Saskatchewan are
being flown in. With temperatures dipping to the almost but not quite near zero mark, Vancouverites were warned to double insulate their lattes before venturing out.

Vancouver police recommended that people stay inside except for emergencies, such as running out of espresso or biscotti to see them through Vancouver's most terrible storm to date. The local Canadian Tire reported that they had completely sold out of fur-lined sandals.

Drivers were cautioned to put their convertible tops up, and several have been shocked to learn that their SUV's actually have four wheel drive, although most have no idea how to use it.

Weary commuters faced soggy sushi, and the threat of frozen breast implants. Although Dr. John Blatherwick, of the Coastal Health Authority reassured everyone that most breast implants were perfectly safe to 25 below, down-filled bras are flying off the shelves at Mountain Equipment Co-op.

"The government has to do something," snarled an angry Trevor Warburton. "I didn't pay $540,000 for my one bedroom condo so I could sit around and
be treated like someone from Toronto."
Old 16-12-05, 03:21

Default SNOW STORM

We have had temperatures as low as 22 degrees C overnight and to read your weather reports is enough to ensure I stay in Aust. for a warm Christmas. All the best boys, I hope it stops snowing soon.
Old 16-12-05, 04:11
Art Johnson

Default Snow Job

Jiff, are you insinuating that those lovely Liberals would try and snow us again shame on you. After all our glorious leader has said "I love Canada". I wonder if that is why he has his ships registered off shore?

IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE, STAND UP FOR CANADA.
Old 16-12-05, 13:32
T-16, C15A

Default Re: Re: Snow storm

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Eric
Hasn't started here yet..Have about an inch of old snow on the ground...
I'm sure we'll get our share..
(Ottawa)
Alex,

Thats the spirit - brag about the inch that you have, rather than the 12 inches you were promised! :

hahaha

Stewart
Old 16-12-05, 20:02
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Re: Snow storm

Quote:
Originally posted by Stewart Loy
Alex,

Thats the spirit - brag about the inch that you have, rather than the 12 inches you were promised! :

hahaha

Stewart
Stew..
There is 33 CM snow on the ground now and it has finally quit...
And you are right...I was really pissed off when I saw that twelve inch pianist........
Old 16-12-05, 20:06

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Snow storm

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
There is 33 CM snow on the ground now and it has finally quit...
Aha! SO my plan DID work. We only got around 7.5 cms, sent the rest on to you. Dastardly work, but someone's got to do it!
Old 17-12-05, 14:48

The storm hit the Montreal area yesterday. It set a new record for the most snow in a single day for the month of December with 41cm measured at the Dorval Airport.
Old 17-12-05, 23:42
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: winter out west

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce MacMillan
Vancouver (Reuters)

Day 2 - Vancouver Blizzard 2005 - Revenge of the Commuters

Chilled Vancouver commuters faced their second day of winter hell today as an additional ¼ centimeter of the peculiar white stuff fell, bringing the lower mainland to its knees and causing millions of dollars worth of damage to the marijuana crops.

Scientists suspect that the substance is some form of frozen water particle and experts from Saskatchewan are
being flown in. With temperatures dipping to the almost but not quite near zero mark, Vancouverites were warned to double insulate their lattes before venturing out.

Vancouver police recommended that people stay inside except for emergencies, such as running out of espresso or biscotti to see them through Vancouver's most terrible storm to date. The local Canadian Tire reported that they had completely sold out of fur-lined sandals.

Drivers were cautioned to put their convertible tops up, and several have been shocked to learn that their SUV's actually have four wheel drive, although most have no idea how to use it.

Weary commuters faced soggy sushi, and the threat of frozen breast implants. Although Dr. John Blatherwick, of the Coastal Health Authority reassured everyone that most breast implants were perfectly safe to 25 below, down-filled bras are flying off the shelves at Mountain Equipment Co-op.

"The government has to do something," snarled an angry Trevor Warburton. "I didn't pay $540,000 for my one bedroom condo so I could sit around and
be treated like someone from Toronto."
Bruce McMillan...Priceless! Good one!
Old 17-12-05, 23:45
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Originally posted by John McGillivray
The storm hit the Montreal area yesterday. It set a new record for the most snow in a single day for the month of December with 41cm measured at the Dorval Airport.
Dorval Airport...Dorval Airport...Where the Hell is that?

PC-ism states that it's named after that treasonous bastard Trudeau.

'Nuff said.
Old 18-12-05, 04:28

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Dorval Airport...Dorval Airport...Where the Hell is that?

PC-ism states that it's named after that treasonous bastard Trudeau.

'Nuff said.
Tell us how you REALLY feel, Jon...