MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 24-03-13, 09:49

Default WW1 Halley 6 ton

Over on the HMVF, Dan and Jen are getting on well with the restoration of the Halley, but as far as I know they still don't have an engine and transmission for it.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread...ey-restoration

There are some images of one in Australia, just wondered if anyone on here had any Halley information, or bits and could help them out? I reckon if there are any left they will be lurking in Commonwealth corners somewhere.
Old 24-03-13, 18:29

Gordon,

I seccond your request for everyone to look out for Halley bits. Dan & Jen are a very nice couple near Bristol in England and are doing a really top class job of recreating their Halley starting with a chassis, rear axle and a set of wheels. Not even a front axle. It now stands on its wheels and looks like a truck again but engine and transmission are the big problems. Dan is well able to make individual components but it would be a huge help if even a totally destroyed wreck could be found that still had the remains of engine & transmission in. This really is a labour of love and in my opinion they deserve all the help they can get. Please Help.

David
Old 24-03-13, 18:40

Default Thanks David

I reckon that MLU people were the most likely source of any of this stuff. The tail end of the current thread has images of the engine and transmission on it, and they don't look like they could be made without a million pound budget.

Somewhere, and engine and drivetrain for this truck will be sitting, and of course it's one of those things that will be no use at all to anyone else, and I wouldn't bet on anyone ever restoring a truck of this type again.

Just needs to be found.
Old 14-07-13, 11:53
Morris C8

Original Photo of an Halley truck ASC ww1. dont no if its the same as there one.
Keith
Attached Thumbnails
ASC 9283 BUL r.jpg