MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 29-03-20, 02:03

Default Never throw anything out Never throw anything out!

Never throw anything out! repeat everyday!
So what do I do, a few weeks ago i did a big clean up, lots of non CMP crap but a few old CMP stuff stored in my easement and getting buried. so a couple of CMP front springs with brackets torched off of a truck long before I came along. Haven't looked at them in 15-16 years and what the heck I still have another spare set on the front axle I'm hanging on to. What could go wrong?
Well a broken 3/4 inch threaded bolt! Okay I'll get one of the other axles, I got 2 more right.
herin is the first lesson, never throw anything out and lesson 2 there are early front springs and later front springs. I threw out the ones I needed!!!
Oh and yes, I botched drilling and hawging out the bolt end so the bolt is now crooked....
Attached Images

Last edited by Harry Moon; 29-03-20 at 18:45. Reason: speling
Old 29-03-20, 03:26
Bluebell

You're not on your own with this Harry, but I do sympathise. I think it's a rule.

Btw,you might want to substitute "through" with "throw" (you can edit your posts)

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 29-03-20, 03:36
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post

Btw,you might want to substitute "through" with "throw" (you can edit your posts)
The past tense "threw" will come in handy as well. But I think I understand why Harry's spelling might not be up to his usual high standard. The trauma of having tossed something that languished forever, and then needing it soon after, is an experience that I too have suffered. It was in 1990, and I swore I would never toss parts again.

Last edited by rob love; 29-03-20 at 05:21.
Old 29-03-20, 04:05
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
The trauma of having tossed something that languished forever, and then needing it soon after,
Worse is needing it knowing you have it...somewhere...then spending fruitless weeks going through boxes and stacks second guessing yourself if it was ever there in the first place. I had 5 CMP mirrors, two for the Fox, two for the HUW and one for the carrier. Two moves and countless hours of searching later my carrier still sports a British one.
Old 29-03-20, 18:52

Default it was Trauma

I have to say I haven't been that mad at myself since I was working!

If it wasn't for computers, spellcheck and a great secretary all those years I would be a bumbling idiot. I blame the poor spelling and english on being the tallest kid in the class, set at the back and as near sighted as a bat until a teacher figured it out in grade 5, three letters, round fuzzy ones, tall fuzzy ones bigger at the top and tall fuzzy ones bigger at the bottom and oh yes a forth tall wide fuzzy ones.
Old 29-03-20, 19:30

Default OK .... what do you need me to send you now?????

Not sure I have the parts but can always try.... and will not be so heavy this time..... just do not come over!!!!!!!!

Sure love the back field for parts storage....a virtual worehouse....wait warehouse ................as in where did I see it last?????
Canada