MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-09, 21:33
"Skunque-Breaker"

Default WTK: C6 Mounts for Iltis, Command and Reconnaisance & Other Mounts

Hello My Northern Brothers!
I am a former mortar crewman in the US Army, did half of my time with 81mms and 4.2in before transitioning to 120mm the last 6 mos of my 2nd enlistment.
I just purchased a Bombardier VW Iltis, still enroute to me. Right now, it is set up as a standard softtop.

As appreciation for my Northern Brothers fighting in the GWOT, I would like to kit it out as an early ISAF rig.
I've been researching C6 and M2 .50BMG Mounts for the Iltis, found designation for the 1/4ton Truck, Command and Recon with GPMG Mounting Kit. I can only find an online copy of the standard truck operators and maintenance manuals.
Searching Google Images, I found a few photos of the TOW variant, with the C6 somehow mounted on a post by the co driver:

I have a lead on a C6 mount that traverses 360 deg, elevates 60 deg, mounts on 1" OD seamless tubing. I won't have a photo available until sometime next month, the seller is in the Great White North without access to a computer.

Here's a photo of Belgian Paras with a Ma Deuce Mounted Iltis:

This looks like a standard M2 Pintle mounted on some kind of socket on the rollbar.
And this original German Iltis with an M2 .50 BMG Mounted:

This one appears to be the same socket as on the Belgian Iltis but with an M23 Equibrilator for the M2.

I also found this mystery German mount:

This is very complex, typical German over-engineering. Probably a mount for a Milan AT Missle.

Anyhow, I was hoping some of the members here might have some more info or possible source for either the TOW C6 Mount or the C&R C6 Mount.