MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 01-10-06, 18:54
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Auto Carrier...

As a matter of moving parts and pieces to full bodies and vehicles ,a buddy of mine is leaving western Canada with an empty tilt and load and a trailer to come to Ontario ,possible on a regular basis..I suggest the Toronto area and maybe the Ottawa area,depending on the traffic..
Anyone that would care for these services contact me off line..
He will be full going west from east full,but may be able to fit parts and pieces going west..for a fee naturally but probably with less hassle that any other shipping way..

I think the first trip will be to the Toronto area on the 22-23 of October,so hustle..get your stuff here before the snow flys..
Old 03-10-06, 02:57

Default Re: Auto Carrier...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
As a matter of moving parts and pieces to full bodies and vehicles ,a buddy of mine is leaving western Canada with an empty tilt and load and a trailer to come to Ontario ,possible on a regular basis..I suggest the Toronto area and maybe the Ottawa area,depending on the traffic..
Anyone that would care for these services contact me off line..
He will be full going west from east full,but may be able to fit parts and pieces going west..for a fee naturally but probably with less hassle that any other shipping way..

I think the first trip will be to the Toronto area on the 22-23 of October,so hustle..get your stuff here before the snow flys..
I jumped the gun here a little too soon..My buddy has an antique auto auction company and he will be coming east with an empty tilt and load and thought it was great idea,but the more he investigated ,ie ..with his insurance company,finds out he can only carry old cars that are part of his company inventory...Is a private carrier not commercial..
So although he will be investigating how to legally get this changed to bring stuff east from out west,he can't accept loads at this time...
So he will be working on that angle but can not haul anything at this time..
Sad to see an empty tilt and load coming east when it could be bringing those rust free CMPS from the west..(He thought so too..)so is looking into how they can do it legally..
Will stay on top of it and keep y'all posted
Old 04-10-06, 18:18

Default What about....

Alex......

What if your friend actually bought the CMP form the Western location..... and sold it back to me when it arrives in TO for a price that includes the truck plus the shipping cost......

So it is on his inventory for 4 days......

Sneaky Bob
...... would be nice to clean up the Western provinces and bring it all to Ottawa !!!!!!!
Canada
Old 04-10-06, 19:13

Default Re: What about....

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Carriere
Alex......

What if your friend actually bought the CMP form the Western location..... and sold it back to me when it arrives in TO for a price that includes the truck plus the shipping cost......

So it is on his inventory for 4 days......

Sneaky Bob
...... would be nice to clean up the Western provinces and bring it all to Ottawa !!!!!!!
If you have one that you could line up contact me off line and I'll call him..
Old 04-10-06, 19:14

Default Bob's idea, possible problem

Nice innovative thinking Bob. I'm all in favour of helping the Westerners clear their landscape of all those terrible rust-free hulks that are causing so much visual pollution.

If the purchase is recorded, and I assume it would have to be to make the plan effective, would it expose everyone to having to pay provincial sales tax plus GST? I don't mind too much having to pay tax when I buy things, but it would hurt my cheap little soul to pay the taxes twice (once for the purchase from Alex's buddy, once to cover what he would have paid on his purchase from the original owner). Even then, it might be a saving over full scale shipping one way.

It might also expose Alex's friend to the GST registration process sooner due to the $30,000 threshold.

Another possible hitch is that Ontario will declare you to be an automobile dealer if you sell over a certain threshold of vehicles (six per year???). This was put in place as "consumer protection" against "curbsiders". Of course, Alex's buddy may already have to be registered.
Old 04-10-06, 19:33

Default Taxes.....

Grant..
They allready have the Car auction company set up in Sask.so they would have a GST number and if I remember there is no PST on used cars or trucks..or at least there wasn't in '88 when I left..The polititions tried to bring that in and almost got run out of town for even suggesting it...only in the east here is PST applied to used vehicles ,which is criminal anyway..
PST would only apply if the vehicle was going to be registered here..but GST would apply,I'm sure..