MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > The Wireless Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-22, 19:32
Dan Dolan

Default No. 19 set CONSULTING WANTED - installation of No 19 set in Staghound Armoured Car

HELP WANTED – some consulting please on No. 19 wireless connections

I am installing a functional No. 19 set in a Staghound amoured car that is shipping to the Netherlands in a few weeks. Heed some assistance with wiring up the commander and driver’s boxes to the communication junction box just below the radio. I have the wiring diagram for the “U.S. Medium tank M-4” but that is different form the comm boxes in the staghound.
As I see it the COMMANDER is the only phone with the radio box tat controls the No. 19 set controls. The gunner and loader are in the turret but only have commander “Call” buttons of the single box their headset and mic leads come out of. The driver and bow gunner have s single box on the roof of the hull that is fed through the commutator to the Comm Box below the No, 19 set in the turret bustle and it too is a “commander Call” button box with no radio controls.
I have a cable from the Commander’s box that plugs into the radio itself – no problem there – it has a plug on each end and plugs to the radio and the box…… Problem arises where I have ‘free wires’ coming into the Comm Box below the No. 19 set from the TWO ‘Commander Call’ button boxes…. HOW ARE THOSE CONNECTED IN THE COMM BOX and HOW IS THE COMM BOX CONNECTED TO THE RADIO??????
I need some consulting. I AM A Ham raid operator so I can easily understand the circuit diagram for the M-4, but it is totally different set up from the staghound……need a phone call….
Thanks for looking.
Dan in NM
Fyv-5 tew-69 205-syx