MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 22-06-09, 06:04
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default ex Danish Morris C4 on Epay

looks to be a good opportunity here ....the vendor has it listed as a 30 cwt - and one of the pics is of a PU ..and I notice he's grabbed a AWM piccy too , of a CS8 ..quite a menagerie of pics !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morris-Commerc...3%3A1|294%3A50
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad
Old 22-06-09, 09:42
MLU Administrator

Mike,

Reading the ad and looking at the pictures of the actual truck offered for auction, I´d say it is a UK C4, with an ex-Danish Army engine offered for sale.
Obviously, this type of truck continued in Danish Army use after WW2, but judging by the licence plate this one is English.

Pity it is a 4-cyl. C4 and not a 6-cyl. CS8!

Regards,
Hanno

Quote:
Morris Commercial C4 30cwt open top SWW military truck Rare British wartime general purpose workhorse Item number: 230350414063
Morris Commercial C4 open top second world war truck for restoration. Straightforward project complete with NEW UNUSED ENGINE new old stock (Cost £900) ex Danish Army supplied by Morris Commercial Cars complete waxed including carburettor, distributor, starter motor, clutch. Refurbished gearbox Rear body now removed and chassis cleaned ready for painting. All rear wooden body parts retained as patterns or for repair/reuse. Measured technical drawings available for the wooden body to allow accurate reconstruction. All metalwork doors, wings, bonnet need cleaning down with some repair then repainting but not major restoration. New wheel cylinders/hoses, head gasket included.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a 40's British military truck used in all theatres of war and continued life in Danish Army into the 1960's.
This is a restoration but apart from the wings which require minor welding all panels are straight and are not complex to renovate/reproduce.
V5 registered.

Q: Hi does the Morris have all of its correct i.d data plates in the cab and the rear body such as the main lube chart on the panel in the cab - Are all the fittings with it such as guages and tie down loops etc - Any more pics you have of the truck as it is today would be great - Does the truck have an engine in it plus the new one or just the new one - Finally you haven't any 6 cylinder morris parts from the earlier cs8 models have you ?? cheers Bez 21-Jun-09
A: Hi Bez It has id plates on the inside of cab by passenger footwell and on opposite side of bulkhead in engine compartment. Guages are in place, tie down cleats are on rear body sides and end panels which are repairable. It was the rear body floor timbers that had decayed requiring replacement. It also made chassis easier to clean down to bare metal. A Morris Commercial cars workshop manual comes with the truck.I have removed the old engine ready to fit the new one but it will go with the truck as a spare. It has three very good bar grip tyres one OK and one u/s. Sorry no 6 cylinder spares. Will post more pics before end of auction. regards Colin
Q: Hi,can you give me a phone number,i would like to ask a few questions maybe view it? regards steve. 21-Jun-09
A: Hi Steve After 7pm 01568 620468 or mobile anytime 07977 202563 Thanks Colin
Q: hello,could you send me some pictures of what it looks like now with all the panels etc off thanks tom 21-Jun-09
A: will do i will make space to take photos today and upload best wishes colin
Attached Images

Old 22-06-09, 22:11
Dave Demorrow

i sent the link to my wife...... she said NO 2 morrises were enough.....

now how do i find the money and ship it and she not know that i got it????

im shooting for 5 morrises, think im nuts????
dave
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 22-06-09, 22:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
Mike,

Reading the ad and looking at the pictures of the actual truck offered for auction, I´d say it is a UK C4
Hanno,

It is an old Kent County registration number. Truck looks like a Mk2 C4 as it is longer, with a gap between cab an body.

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor
Old 23-06-09, 04:41
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default C4

What I cannot get over is: when are these 'barn' finds going to dry up . There seems to be and almost endless supply of unrestored WW2 vehicles still out there - and it's well over 60 years after the event .
It has to dry up soon ..or will it .

I think the supply of WW2 jeep barn finds is almost at an end ..maybe one or two still out there but they are not as comman as they once were.

Mike
1942-45 Jeep salad
Old 23-06-09, 08:32
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Hmm being too fussy

Quote:
gee Hanno ..If I came across an original truck such as the C4 above ..I wouldn't give a toss if it was 4cyl. 6 or whatever ... I think you chaps in Europe are spoilt for choice ... too fussy by far
1942-45 Jeep salad
Old 23-06-09, 10:52
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Farrant View Post
It is an old Kent County registration number. Truck looks like a Mk2 C4 as it is longer, with a gap between cab an body.
Richard, thanks for that. You're right about it being a Mk.2.

H.
Old 23-06-09, 10:54
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
I think you chaps in Europe are spoilt for choice ... too fussy by far
Mike,

No, I just need an excuse not to go after it. . .

H.
Old 25-06-09, 02:36
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default bargain

Sold for 2500 .... an absolute bargain considering it comes with a NOS motor .. it would cost over 3000 alone to have a motor fully rebuilt ...

Mike
1942-45 Jeep salad
Old 25-06-09, 11:41

Well, hopefully we will see it restored in due time.

I remember seeing a Morris CS8 or C4 GS in a museum in Dieppe, ages ago. The museum closed down about 10 or 15 years ago, I think; Does anyone know where the Morris went? If I remember correctly, a lot of the German vehicles from the museum ended up in a private colectrion, once covered in Wheels & Tracks magazine.

Alex
Old 25-06-09, 14:38

You must be spoilt Mike! If you can get an engine rebuilt for 3000. It cost me over £5000 for my 6 cylider in 2002. Ron
Old 27-06-09, 01:04

Hi there I apologise for gatecrashing your conversation but wanted to ask a little favour as well as the thought that you might want to know the future of this item.
I am the individual who purchased this Morris and as such thought I would share its fate with individuals who have a passion for this type of vehicle.
I am actualy a teacher in the south west of England and the morris was purchased on behalf of the school. It is our intention to wind the clock back a little and enjoy the type of afterschool activites with students that teaches them a little bit more than the current curriculum. As such our students will be restoring this over the next year and we will document its progress monthly and publish it on our school website. I and other members of staff were made aware of this forum and your conversation by one of our students who cant wait to get started. What they particularly wanted to ask is if I/we could from time to time be able to pick your thoughts as a forum on how we are proceding? I apologise if this is a little forward and hope that you do not mind us contacting you in this manner
many thanks harrythefishmonger
Old 27-06-09, 01:57
Andrew

Welcome Harry
Congratulations on the morris ,they are a very unique and rare vehicle
Please keep us updated with you and your students progress on mlu as well please. Pictures are always good
I am sure the relavent members of mlu would be glad to help with information and the like wherever possible
It is good to see the teaching community taking an active role in extra curricular activities and by doing so restoring and making the students more away of our war and peace time history and the sacrifices our forefathers made to secure our futures

Custodian of the "Rare and Rusty"
Old 29-06-09, 07:54

About the Dieppe Morris , it is still alive . It is in storage near Brugge , it needs a lot of work, it`s last performance was a few years ago, in a series from the BBC about operation Dynamo .
Old 30-06-09, 00:39

Default morris c4

hi Harry, I have dropped you a PM to save all the MLU readers froma load of teacher talk!
regards
nick
Old 06-09-11, 15:39
David

Default mmm... getting to know my C4

Hi, I'm intrigued by the pics- is that really a C4 engine? looks different to my (new arrival) 4 cylinder one....can send on pics if anyone is interested
best wishes to otherr Moggie owners, David

Quote:
Mike,

Reading the ad and looking at the pictures of the actual truck offered for auction, I´d say it is a UK C4, with an ex-Danish Army engine offered for sale.
Obviously, this type of truck continued in Danish Army use after WW2, but judging by the licence plate this one is English.

Regards,
Hanno
Old 07-09-11, 06:17
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse View Post
Hi, I'm intrigued by the pics- is that really a C4 engine? looks different to my (new arrival) 4 cylinder one....can send on pics if anyone is interested
best wishes to otherr Moggie owners, David
Lets see some pics of your MOGGIE ..I have a few wrecks here ..CS8's and two PU's .
1942-45 Jeep salad