MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 28-09-08, 00:27
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Personalised number plates

Spotted in the Sydney Morning Herald classifieds. No connection with Seller, etc.... (PS The Seller's number is the one under the plate, the upper one is for placing an ad!):
Attached Images

Old 28-09-08, 00:43
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Now I know this forum isn't really for discussing matters, but the above item lends itself as an excellent opener for a discussion on Personalised, or Vanity, number plates.

The NSW plates shown above are known as "Custom" plates, and over and above the price set by the seller to sell them to you, you also pay the Roads and Traffic Authority a fee of $400 per year in addition to your registration. Those shown above are "Blitz" which are issued by the State of NSW, but we have seen on Keith's DVD's of Corowa that there also exists the Vic version of "Blitz", which could get confusing in an accident.

Another type of plate which you can select the content is the "Premium" plate which must take the form of 3 letters, dot, 2 numbers, 1 letter. These, when introduced, were free of any annual charge because the powers that be considered that you couldn't do much personalising with that format, but the People displayed creativity, so the Govt thought to tax them for it, and they now cost $30 to order, plus an $70 annual fee. . Typical creative examples that I have seen include ISH.00T, REC.01L and WEF.15H.

I have posted a couple of possible suggestions below, which are still available to order from the RTA.

So what other interesting plates have you seen for Military Vehicles, and in particular on CMP's?
Attached Thumbnails
plates.JPG   IMG_2224.JPG  
Old 28-09-08, 03:04
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Names

tONY

Many years ago at a car event ( at the Burwood drive-in which is long gone ) 1977 ish it was. Our club had a few vehicles on display. Anyway, this guy walks up to us and says "I am Mr Blitz". BLITZ is a surname .. don't know where it originates from , possibly German. We had a laugh anyway . I think it's German for 'lightning'.

Mike
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad
Old 28-09-08, 05:21
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Smith View Post
Now I know this forum isn't really for discussing matters, but the above item lends itself as an excellent opener for a discussion on Personalised, or Vanity, number plates.

The NSW plates shown above are known as "Custom" plates, and over and above the price set by the seller to sell them to you, you also pay the Roads and Traffic Authority a fee of $400 per year in addition to your registration. Those shown above are "Blitz" which are issued by the State of NSW, but we have seen on Keith's DVD's of Corowa that there also exists the Vic version of "Blitz", which could get confusing in an accident.

Another type of plate which you can select the content is the "Premium" plate which must take the form of 3 letters, dot, 2 numbers, 1 letter. These, when introduced, were free of any annual charge because the powers that be considered that you couldn't do much personalising with that format, but the People displayed creativity, so the Govt thought to tax them for it, and they now cost $30 to order, plus an $70 annual fee. . Typical creative examples that I have seen include ISH.00T, REC.01L and WEF.15H.

I have posted a couple of possible suggestions below, which are still available to order from the RTA.

So what other interesting plates have you seen for Military Vehicles, and in particular on CMP's?
Here is Ontario, Canada , licensing of such vehicles are governed by Provincial standards which stipulate said vehicle must be +25 years old.

Enough of the beaurocratic nonsense. See another thread on this Forum where Jordan Baker and I commiserate about Year of Manufacture (YOM) plates vice displaying the mandated "HV" plate.

Screw 'em...I proudly show a 1943 Ontario plate on the front, and my legally registered HV plate on the rear.

Living out here in the country, the odds of any LEO stopping me in my CMP to inquire about my plates are virtually non-existant.
Old 28-09-08, 07:28
Bluebell

Default Personalised Plates. Some with M.V. applications

Here in Godzone we buy our plates from a company who puts most of its profits to road safety issues (I'm pretty hazey about the details)
The currently cost about $470.00 per set, (they used to be cheaper) We can get them in red, blue, and with pictures, as well as with a line of words.Over the years (somehow) I have managed to convince my Darling, that we needed them.
I have the following not yet on vehicles JEEP42
II GT II
BREN
II Us II (on my ute)
I'll post pictures of a couple of vehicles I've sold, but still own the plates, Our current car, and lastly some others I've come accross. (Helen is our current Prime Minister) The last one I've put on this forum before.
Attached Thumbnails
Unimog.jpg   Top.jpg   13_sept_06_002.jpg   aug_06_081.jpg   city_to_coast_etc_09_06_030.jpg  

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 28-09-08, 13:50
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Question Plates

Tony
fOR my old 1979 Mazda 929 I selected a plate using the website, but never actually completed the order until I ran the idea through the Cave Street Senate. Once the motion was passed (two days) I went back on to the RTA website, and lo & behold, it was no longer available. A coincidence, or do they monitor the combinations to maximise profit/revenue??
Oh, the plate was
BRN:01L
And the 929 was written off about a week later.
The good news is I took a Commodore out with me...
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)
Old 28-09-08, 20:39

Quote:
So what other interesting plates have you seen for Military Vehicles, ...?

Hi Tony,

I know a bloke who used to live up your way, well, past there a bit, and he had a Ferret......... with FERRET plates.

I am sure you know who I mean

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor
Old 29-09-08, 00:08
MLU Administrator

Never thought CMP Blitz owners were vain enough to spend money on this sort of nons...

H.
Old 29-09-08, 17:38
Colin

Quote:

The NSW plates shown above are known as "Custom" plates, and over and above the price set by the seller to sell them to you, you also pay the Roads and Traffic Authority a fee of $400 per year in addition to your registration.
It's disgusting isn't it, I was lucky I got the White on Black plates with Col & My birth year when the plates were still only a one off fee of $125.

Talking to peeps on other forums the lowest price I've heard for a fully personalized plate is just $25 in Texas, that was 3 or 4 years ago.

Pretty soon these clowns in power will not only charge you for clean air but for the "privilege" of Breathing it........twice, well after all you do have a left & right lung!

Wish List :
LP2, Matilda, Valentine Hull in any condition...