MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-18, 09:28

Default New C15?? Restoration Project

Hello all,
Background info - My pop passed away last 2 years ago at the ripe old age of 96, and he was a veteran of WW2 at Milne Bay in the 2/5 Field Coy. I remember all the long stories he told me about his time during the war and really enjoyed listening to him and I can assure you he enjoyed telling them. I remember him telling me about the vehicles that he drove and one in particular - the Blitz Wagon. Years prior, I took him to Canberra to the Australian War Memorial and walked around for hours, he could talk about almost everything that was there and especially remember looking at the Ford and Chev Blitz wagons that were on display.

After he passed, some money was allocated to all his grand children and I really wanted to do something to remember him but also something that I do enjoy.

So, having seen Blitzes on some trading sites for sale I really wanted to restore one but also with the intention of being a daily driver - yes, a daily driver.

Here is the vehicle the night that I picked it up:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170729_184004sml.jpg (426.0 KB, 9 views)