MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-13, 21:12
Dusan Klavik

Default Ford FGT cab.13 in Czech Republic

Hi all,

this week I became a proud owner of this Ford FAT project. As common its missing its rear body, which will need to be built from scretch. The possitive thing is that the original floor is still there. The engine and some other major and minor parts are missing, otherwise its a fairly good start. Luckily its been dry stored for a few decades so no major rust has affected the cab and doors. It seems to be original, only the dash seems to be not right. There is no plate attached to the drivers door so will not be easy to find more details on its production date. Unless I find a sensus number on the doors when the paint is uncovered carefully and then look into CZ army history archives. The fact is that it served with the Czechoslovak Armoured Brigade Group during WWII. The Czechoslovak Artillery Unit badge is still visible above the right headlamp. Then after the war it was given to a Fire Unit which saved it from faith of most of the Western vehicles which did not fit into Warsaw pact profile.
I know of another FGT in CZ which still possess one of the rear doors so I try to get in touch with the owner to get some pattern figures. There is also a CGT from Norway in Lesany Army museum, which my friend swapped for a Morris Quad a year ago. Unfortunately this CGT has its rear compartment collapsed but at least some meassurements could be taken.
I would like to get in touch with other FAT cab.13 owners so I can get more info to rebuild this beast.

Dusan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1298.jpg (48.1 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1304.jpg (44.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1346.jpg (41.4 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg PA043161.JPG (98.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg PA043164.JPG (92.9 KB, 74 views)

1938 Standard Flying 12 Staff Car
1943? Ford FGT cab.13 project
180 gall WWII water bowser project
1942 Fordson WOT8 project

www.rotanazdar.cz

Last edited by Dusonn; 04-10-13 at 21:21.