MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 24-07-11, 04:50

Default Waterloo Khaki 2011

I am, with others, planning to go up on Thursday during the day.

If it is any help I will send my cell number to those that ask by PM in case you have trouble on the road.

I can't promise to be your personalised CAA service but at least I am a fellow MV enthusiast.

We are taking 2 vehicles on a flat bed behind a 1 ton with a civvy car as chase vehicle.

We will leave the Kingston area on thursday and head into Quebec and drop south to avoid the Champlain bridge and then rejoin the highway and head to Waterloo.

I will be taking some recovery kit and tools with me and am willing to recover anything to the event as long as people contribute to my fuel. I will have manual winch capacity unless I get my winch kit sorted by then.

I drive a truck with a 20ft long trailer with 4 ft folding beaver tail. I can easily carry 4 tons.

Just offering hoping I wont be taken up on the offer.

Robin Craig
Union Jack Collection
Old 24-07-11, 10:28
James Dennis

On a similar note, I will be leaving on Friday morning with a few friends and meeting up in Valleyfield, QC to avoid Montreal too. We'll probably be taking the secondary highways all the way because we'll be driving our trucks. Please PM if interested in convoying.
Old 24-07-11, 14:21

Default The plan

Valleyfield ?
Sounds good to me!
Old 25-07-11, 00:49
Gilles Chartrand

Default Waterloo

We will also be going to Waterloo, Thursday AM and we will be leaving from Kemptville via 416 to the 401. We will have our Contact Maintenance truck will tools, compressor etc. we will also have our Volvo with 2 vehicles and a M1008 pickup. if you see our convoy join us or if you need assistance, flag us or call me on my cell at 613-851-7588. Robin what is you departure time from Kingston, maybe we can meet and convoy together. Gilles
Old 25-07-11, 03:06
James Dennis

Wasn't that "the plan" Al? LOL.
Old 25-07-11, 04:54

Gilles,

targets to your front, watch and shoot, watch and shoot!

We are watching the weather for the event very closely. There is talk of delaying by a day is heavy rain forecasted for Quebec. I am taking of things a Jeep for a friend, dont ask!

Do you have a CB in your truck, fitting one to mine this week

R
Old 28-07-11, 12:11

David Moore and I loaded two vehicles onto our one trailer last night and we will be leaving Gananoque around 1030 this morning.

See you there

Robin

Last edited by Robin Craig; 01-08-11 at 12:12.
Old 01-08-11, 12:34

I would like to thank Gerry and Louise for organising the event, they did a magnificent job.

Those of us who attended had a good time, at least David Moore, Tom Lodge and I did.

The event was sited on the soccer field beside the municipal arena, which meant we had hot showers available inside the arena, a very big plus to the event.

Meals were available on site catered by a local caterer, the prices were fair when you consider they are a business not a charity group making the meals.

There was a convoy to the museum in Knowlton on Friday afternoon to see the Fokker D7 which is there, one of only 3 in the world if I understand correctly.

The Saturday saw the soccer field open to the public for viewing and then a parade start at 5 pm through the town of Waterloo ending up outside the municipal building, marking the Freedom of the City being granted to 3 Battery Artillery de Montreal who were there with their 25 pounder and limber and CMP. There was a 10 round salute, which because of a new way that they load the shells meant that it was flawless and loud!

There was a total of about 40 vehicles (I think) being a mix of vehicles ranging from the various second world war jeeps and CMPs through post war M35 and MLVW and M151 and M38A1 and M715s and Gilles and Carole with their VW "thing" and their Mechanical Mule and a number of Iltis and a late comer on the sunday was a local WC 52 APT used by a fire department.

A local CF unit attended with an MSVS and an HLVW wrecker and a G Wagen.

Gerry and Louise had worked very hard and dipped into their own pockets to make the event happen. The atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed while having some good organisation behind that. They should be commended for having the guts to put on the event with their band of volunteers and helpers.

Great effort, good weather, friendly people, and hot showers.

Thank you very much Gerry and Louise, great job done, well worth the drive to attend!

Regards

Robin Craig