MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 17-02-03, 22:27

Default C60S starts after sitting in below 0 temps

Well as many of you may know Canada's biggest export to US over the last two months has been very cold air. Now by Canadian standards 10-20 below zero degrees F is just a normal winters day, it is considered down right cold down here in New England.

Well I went out today to start Beauty which has sat for the last month without being run. Pulled out the choke, pulled up on the starter lever and it cranked over then started.

Starting it was to move it into it's new garage which was finished today. Good thing as the storm today is likly to drop another 2 feet of snow on us which put the local area at about 4 feet on the ground.

With a 12' ceiling in the new garage, the truck and radio box will fit. It will also give me space to start working on the pattern 12.

PS- You can stop sending the cold air.

Cheers All
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 18-02-03, 21:50
Simon Skelton

Hello Phil

If you have had enough snow already, you could always send some over here to the UK. We never get a good covering down here in the south east, we get a token gesture and then it fades away, a bit like the donkey and the carrot. Even when we do get some it stays for about 2 days and then its gone, makes you wonder why it bothered to turn up in the first place. Any snow donations will be greatly received (we only need 5 mm of snow to grind the country to a halt) 2 foot should do quite nicely
regards Simon
Old 18-02-03, 23:00

Default Snow in SE England

Simon,
Hey, don't start wishing for snow, I am getting used to all this lovely sunshine this week. Spring is on its way

Tunbridge Wells would certainly grind to a halt with a few inches of snow on the hills

from sunny Ashford,
Richard
Old 18-02-03, 23:06
Simon Skelton

Okay Richard I will settle for localised snow in Tunbridge wells, we havent got past the end of March yet, I think we still might get a shake of the white stuff, and I dont meen being marched out of the kitchen with a bag of flour hurtling toward the ear hole
Old 19-02-03, 19:26

Default want snow in the summertime??

then make plans to visit western Norway this summer and get both a MV-meeting and snow....
ehhh the MV-meeting is in good summer temperatures, but if you wish you can drive for an hour or two and you are on the glacier.....
a mv-meet and the fjords and glaciers are just a ferrytrip away from england you know.....

Rolf