MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 07-04-03, 20:13

Default Artillery

Hey, I couldn'd find any decent places on the internet showing this so this is my last hope. I have just got this thing in my head wanting to know about the working of guns. Dont ask me why! I managed to find lots of information on Small arms but not a lot on Artillery/Anti-tank guns. If anyone has a site about this then i would be very grateful. What i am really interested in finding out is the firing mechanisms in artillery pieces. For instance

Did these pieces have firing pins or primers?

How was the pin re-cocked after firing if this is the case?

How was the pin released in the first place?, just a trigger like lever from a small arms rifle?

These are very easy questions for some of you guys 'in the know' as it were, but really hard to get info on, any help would be much much much appreciated

Thanks
Old 08-04-03, 08:01

I haven't seen anything recently on that type of information, but if you want to know more about the procedures and set up of an artillery battery, get the books written by George Blackburn. His three books starting with "The Guns of Normandy" are excellent for getting to know what it took to be in one.