MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 15-12-07, 07:58
Richard Notton

Default Re: LAAT Wanted

Quote:
Originally posted by BMills
I guess this was going to happen sooner or later. The Bofors project is coming together quicker then I thought, so its time to start looking for a LAAT. Any leeds would be great on either side of the pond.

Thanks...
A bit of a long shot, but try Brian:

kitcher (at) bournemouth(hyphen)net.co.uk you will have to modify the address to the obvious and remove the spaces.

We have seen pictures of this truck on MLU some time ago, its near perfect and drive away. Has a French SUMB engine with a sensible distributor, adjustable tappets, shell bearings and a fair amount of of extra grunt.

I wouldn't imagine its cheap though being a long and detailed rebuild from the mud upwards.

Its about ¾hr drive from a Southampton RO-RO too.

Say I sent you, don't expect a speedy reply, Brian checks his mail about once a week. . . . . . . .

R.
Old 15-12-07, 08:02
In Vino Veritas

Default Re: Re: RoRo

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Ro-Ro-Ro your boat....?

Yep, really really big boat ya dufus

I probably don't have to say ROLL-ON ROLL-OFF transport ship. I imagine it has to be running, but maybe not. Just get it in january, Rob, so I can laugh my ass off at Geoff driving it from Halifax to Shilo
Sean

ps: by stuff when they go away on trips and incorporate it into the treasures before they get back. Then make sure you have dirty underwear , dishes , and dicarded fast food containers strewn about the house. She'll be so pissed at that , she will totally miss the new aquisition. { Geoff and Rob said that wokrs all the time}
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff
Old 15-12-07, 15:12

When I imported my 1 1/2 ton US Chevy from Holland the shipping was about $1500.00. A couple of years later when I imported the DAF it was almost $4000.00. At that point Agriculture Canada wa involved also, checking for mud so that cost is extra. I think about $ 1000.00 of the DAF cost was trucking from the port of Montreal to the Port of Toronto. (Pearson Airport). I could have cleared customs in Montreal and drove the truck home, but not speaking fluent French I felt the hassle was too great. I know I have said this on MLU before but I still can't believe Brian Gough and I were at Pearson Airport on the morning of 9/11 clearing customs with an army truck and had no problems. Brad could probably get a truck shipped to Halifax and pick it up much cheaper. Also just a little off topic, when we sent a container from Castleton this year I had to get an export licence from Canada Border Services. Maybe now an import licence is required also. It is worth finding out first because it will only hold up the container. Ask me how I know.
Barry

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.
Old 15-12-07, 16:06
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Re: RoRo

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowtractor
Yep, really really big boat ya dufus

I probably don't have to say ROLL-ON ROLL-OFF transport ship. I imagine it has to be running, but maybe not. Just get it in january, Rob, so I can laugh my ass off at Geoff driving it from Halifax to Shilo
You dumbshit! Everybody knows you can't drive a boat from Halifax to Shilo, even if it does have big oars!
Quote:
She'll be so pissed at that , she will totally miss the new aquisition. { Geoff and Rob said that wokrs all the time}
...uh-huh... until she shows up with a whole new, two-legged acquisition... it "wokrs" so well that all you end up with is a whole lot of old army bits and a couple of cats - great way to "clean house" when you get tired of all that pesky domestic stuff!
Old 15-12-07, 17:48
In Vino Veritas

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: RoRo

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
You dumbshit! Everybody knows you can't drive a boat from Halifax to Shilo, even if it does have big oars!
Fun-e , good one. You obviously don't know any Newf's , they can row anything anywhere...or was that The Vikings...no that was that football...or soccer? Yes that was it ! Newf's can play soccer anywhere!
There, that proved yu gud! Gotta get back to the Bat Bottle now. Sean
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff
Old 16-12-07, 14:27
Alan Bumford

Postwar these trucks were mainly bought up and used by local bus companies as breakdown/ recovery trucks, this picture was of one located in Bristol. Looks very similar to the one now being sold on milweb, ie lights and silver paintwork.

Old 16-12-07, 15:14
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RoRo

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowtractor
Fun-e , good one. You obviously don't know any Newf's , they can row anything anywhere...or was that The Vikings...no that was that football...or soccer? Yes that was it ! Newf's can play soccer anywhere!
There, that proved yu gud! Gotta get back to the Bat Bottle now. Sean
Sean..

When I lived in NFLD as a kid we played Rounders...Piddley..and rugby.....
Only a true Newfounderlander would know what Piddley was..equipment involved two sticks..a long one..about 4' long and a short one about a foot long...usually cut from an old hockey stick
The short one was propped up on a rock so you could get the long one under it and flick it into the air in front of you and then you would whack it ,out of the air with a base ball swing and then the opposing players in the out field would try to catch it out of the air or if it hit the ground you could scoop it up and drift it at the runner..It had one base set up like first base..and the object was to get the other side out..A catch or a hit runner would put him out..sometimes in more ways than one..
Three outs and the other side goes in..

It was a tough game but we were pretty tough kids then...Some of the things we did as kids during the early '50's in the outports of NFLD would get you arrested so fast today they would throw you in jail so far ,that they would have to pump sunlight into you..such as shooting harbour seals with our .22's off the govt wharf and dynamiting boulders out of out soccer pitch without adult supervision..we are talking 10-14 year old kids..No one thought anything about us shooting seals but the local mountie made us stop the dynamiting the soccer field..but that was it..told us to bring our dads up to supervise ..and sent us all home..He even made us take the extra dynamite back to one of the kids dads dynamite lock up and pack it away..(He was a building contractor and every building you built involved dynamite to clear away rocks..The young lad that got the dynamite worked with his dad for years and that was his job so no one thought much about it..)
If that happened to day.......
So that is my Dynamite story..