MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Gun Park

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-19, 18:45

Default My first foray into big guns or vehicles.

So I’ve always loved big stuff beyond my reach. You know, battleships. Tanks, coastal bases, pak40, etc etc I mostly collect German small arms and other weapons.
LOL. Volunteering on a Panzer IV Wirbelwind restoration didn’t help matters. So when I got wind of a guy willing to cut loose a big gun, I decided to do it.

Obviously I wanted a German gun, but there aren’t any Pak36-40 in private hands here. Or none I’ve ever heard of, seen or anything. And I tried to import a Pak40 from Germany but the gov would only allow if completely deactivated. And no alterations allowed. Lol.

So the story on this type, it started with the 1934 model Hotchkiss. But they wanted a lighter more simplified version, so the national arensel put this type together. Model of 1937 made by Puteaux. About 400lbs lighter then the 34 Model. This one weighs about 680lbs. Perfect garage size. I can lift the tail and roll it around however I need.

The gun actually a G.25 Mle 1937 by Puteaux made in 1939. It is 2.5cm or 25x194R. Vertical breechblock. The Germans capitured essentially all of these guns that were made. I’ve found about 50 period photos on line, one in French use, 2 or 3 finnish, the rest are all German use.
German designation is 2.5cm Pak 113(f).
It looks to be either original French tan under its current colour or dunkedgelb. I am not sure about the paint. Last guy thinks its German overpaint Panzer Grey/Blue. I just don’t know. The gun and carriage are really dark grey/black. The grey colour is a sloppy paint job to the shield, wheels and axle. If you have an opinion on the paint, let me know!

Flash hider, barrel, breech block, breech, recuperator, trailing arm tag all have matching numbers.

This one is live and cartridges are being loaded....

[IMG]

Last edited by AndrewSchaefer; 10-05-19 at 23:19. Reason: removed links to full size pictures, please attach to keep your post readable