MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 05-05-04, 00:18

Default New to the Site

Hi everyone, my name is Janet and I'm new to the site. I was told to add my link and a discription to this Board.

I'm the Founder/Director of Canadian Military Families. www.canadianmilitaryfamilies.ca I'm choosing to use my homepage introduction for the discription here because it says it all.

Canadian Military Families (CMF) was created to fill a void of support for military families in Canada. In June of 2001 with a handful of members the site began. It has now grown to close to 200 members. The membership includes, but is not limited to: Canadian Forces soldiers, retired soldiers, spouses and parents. There is a wealth of information researched by the members and from the members’ own experiences and more added daily.

Originally based as a MSN group Janet Bishop, the founder of CMF, has moved the community to their own .ca site. Now this very active site generates a million hits per month. Operating on funds from Bishop’s pocket and countless volunteer hours, this site has become the lifeline for many military spouses while their husbands are deployed or even while they are away on exercise. Most importantly this site emphasizes that although a spouse may be lonely while their soldier is away, they are definitely not alone.

Canadian Military Families is a warm and welcoming environment, where no question is too trivial and no story is unappreciated. The members of that site learn from one another and turn to each other for support and guidance. The Canadian Forces is a close knit community and as a member of that community you are not alone and the people at Canadian Military Families are always there to help you cope with this, “Unique Lifestyle”.

Thank you very much for letting me share CMF with you and I look forward to reading more on the boards here!!
Janet
Kingston
Navy
Old 05-05-04, 00:28
Vets Dottir

Default Re: New to the Site

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Hi everyone, my name is Janet and I'm new to the site. I was told to add my link and a discription to this Board.

I'm the Founder/Director of Canadian Military Families. www.canadianmilitaryfamilies.ca I'm choosing to use my homepage introduction for the discription here because it says it all.

Canadian Military Families (CMF) was created to fill a void of support for military families in Canada. In June of 2001 with a handful of members the site began. It has now grown to close to 200 members. The membership includes, but is not limited to: Canadian Forces soldiers, retired soldiers, spouses and parents. There is a wealth of information researched by the members and from the members’ own experiences and more added daily.

Originally based as a MSN group Janet Bishop, the founder of CMF, has moved the community to their own .ca site. Now this very active site generates a million hits per month. Operating on funds from Bishop’s pocket and countless volunteer hours, this site has become the lifeline for many military spouses while their husbands are deployed or even while they are away on exercise. Most importantly this site emphasizes that although a spouse may be lonely while their soldier is away, they are definitely not alone.

Canadian Military Families is a warm and welcoming environment, where no question is too trivial and no story is unappreciated. The members of that site learn from one another and turn to each other for support and guidance. The Canadian Forces is a close knit community and as a member of that community you are not alone and the people at Canadian Military Families are always there to help you cope with this, “Unique Lifestyle”.

Thank you very much for letting me share CMF with you and I look forward to reading more on the boards here!!
Janet
Kingston
Navy
Hi Janet.

AVERY special and warm welcome from me, one of the few women in here, and the only one who compulsively posts

Known as VETS_DOTTIR V_D, Carman, Karmen, Yappy, and other things these people nickname me with in here. My name IS "Carman" and no, I'm not military, but relatives were in WW2.

THANK-YOU for posting th linkand the write-up about your site. It sounds wonderful!!!! And I am really interested in visiting there. It's people like you and other "Admins" who have wonderful ideas and pull them together to draw other people together and learn, that puts the "Community" in the world.

Take care,

Carman
Old 11-05-04, 05:07

Thanks for the welcome.....I'm still looking around and I'm still reading haha. I'm finding the site very interesting and I love reading the different articles.

Have a great day
Janet
Old 11-05-04, 05:39
Vets Dottir

Talking haha

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Thanks for the welcome.....I'm still looking around and I'm still reading haha. I'm finding the site very interesting and I love reading the different articles.

Have a great day
Janet
Yesss... an amazing site with amazing WONDERFUL PEOPLE, posts and info. Also a lot of INSANITY ...especially in any threads I'm in :

Enjoy the many "haha's"

Carman