MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 05-06-23, 01:44

Default Looking for detail information for FORD F30 LRDG Patrol truck

A model company is producing a LRDG Ford F30 model in 1/35th scale and is looking for feedback on initial CAD drawings.
This version mounts a 37mm Bofors anti Tank gun and has a raised mount for it. We know it needs the rear body front, sides and rear reduced in height by 6"/150mm.
Also the axles need to be changed to Chevrolet 'Banjo' axles.
We have details of the different tread plate patterns in the rear, cab and side steps.
Also missing rifle clips and butt sockets on passenger side (I have details and drawings).
One of the details needed are the 2 front vents, what they look like and where they attach.
I don't know if the trucks used a heavy duty radiator (this CAD radiator looks a bit skinny) and fan shroud, or what that would look like (I'm more a Chevrolet 1533X2 guy!), and what type of instrument gauges/arrangement were used on this version.
I presume they had a PTO air compressor fitted (the LRDG Chevrolet WA's and 1533X2's had them), and we know what the compressor looks like and where it was fitted on the LHS of the gearbox, but not sure about the pipework, or schraeder valve location or hole for the screw driver to turn it on.
The company knows there are omissions and incorrect details and has sensibly asked for assistance in getting it right before starting production.
Any comment, drawing, photos, information gratefully received.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
CAD1.jpg   CAD2.jpg   CAD3.jpg   CAD4.jpg   Vents.jpg  

Old 05-06-23, 14:51
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Down View Post
  1. One of the details needed are the 2 front vents, what they look like and where they attach.
  2. I don't know if the trucks used a heavy duty radiator (this CAD radiator looks a bit skinny) and fan shroud, or what that would look like
Re. 1) Good question! Must say I have not noticed them before, but now I see them:
Click image for larger version

Name:	F305.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	469.6 KB
ID:	134729
Source: http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33332

Re. 2) the standard Ford V8 truck radiator: http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...283#post286283
Old 09-06-23, 01:36
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Down View Post
A model company is producing a LRDG Ford F30 model in 1/35th scale and is looking for feedback on initial CAD drawings.

I presume they had a PTO air compressor fitted (the LRDG Chevrolet WA's and 1533X2's had them), and we know what the compressor looks like and where it was fitted on the LHS of the gearbox, but not sure about the pipework, or schraeder valve location or hole for the screw driver to turn it on.
Ford transmissions on all vehicles (CMPs, Commercial trucks, etc) have the PTO on the RH side of the gearbox, with the pipework and outlet Running to the RH chassis rail, in a mirror image of the Chev design.