MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 10-10-05, 17:47
BIG MIKE

Default Gas Tanks

Do you really need two gas tanks in a carrier?, On mine only ones working and cleaned and restored. the other is rusty in side and shut off, Should I take this tank out for more room or leave it in for show, If I do take it out I like to help someone out, who dosent have a gas tank, but when i come to that stage i'll post it. just wondering. Cheers

BIG MIKE
Old 15-10-05, 13:42
carrier mech

"Do you really need two gas tanks in a carrier?"

If you only have the one gas tank, the vehicle will lean to that side, and it will cause the track to wear unevenly.

But seriously, it depends on what level you are restoring it to, and what it's final purpose is. For parades, where you are going to carry veterans, less stuff in the carrier is better.
Personally, by the time my carriers are complete, they are like rolling gunships, with very little room left inside them.
Old 15-10-05, 15:06
BIG MIKE

I'd probally hit the gas and watch the Vets fall off, Thanks for the info , I kinda firgured so on the gas tanks, "leaning to one side" we desided to take the bad tank out , nothing wrong with it just rusty inside seal up tho. you live in Truro , Do yu know a RICH man named "UNCLE" DAVE DRUMMOND? owns one of the biggest bussness in NS, cja mate

BIG MIKE