MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > The Wireless Forum

Notices

Old 05-03-18, 11:33

Default wireless axilary generator

Hello , for my Morris commercial W/T i am looking for information what type of on board axillary generator was used,
Have the remains of the mounting base out of a Morris W/T radio box on loan to reproduce but I think that there is a extra generator mounting platform missing.
Have 2 frames , base frame to fit on to the floor (sample is very rusted) and one frame that fits on to the bottom frame by the same type of rubber mountings as used on wireless set 19 .
A collector of axillary battery charging generators did measured up his 550W onan generator and is 21" x 21" and will not fit on to the base that measures 21" x 16 1/2".
The most British charging generators where operated with a extra switch board and don't think wireless trucks had these bulky switch boards.
My best bet is that there was a chore horse used to charge the wireless battery's and fitted on a easily removable frame( clamped on the bits I have) if the generator was used in some distance from the vehicle.
Looking forward to some extra information ,
Attached Thumbnails
base1.jpg   base2.jpg   base3.jpg   base4.jpg   base5.jpg  

Old 05-03-18, 11:39

Took some pictures with a chore horse generator temporary fitted on the top frame , don't fill up match of the space but if there is a extra cradle used under the generator with handles on the front and rear it my be possible
Attached Thumbnails
base6.jpg   base7.jpg