MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Tributes

Notices

Old 31-07-13, 12:15
Tony Baker

Default Tony Baker's brother

In the past couple of weeks a very sad situation has been evolving. Last Thursday, my Brother underwent a radical resection for a malignant brain tumor. On Monday, Mother and I were informed by the neurosurgeon that the tumor had been examined since the operation, and was found to be a glioblastoma, one of if not the most agressive tumors. Knowing what it is, and despite the removal of the bulk of the tumor, my dear Brother has now been informed that the condition is fatal. He does not have very long to live now, and will only be going home from hospital for a brief time. The expectation is that he will be admitted to his local hospital in coming weeks, or possibly even days, and will have round the clock assistance until he passes away. Our 86yo Mother, and indeed myself, are absolutely shocked at the speed with which this has occured and we are heartbroken. With that in mind, I will not be attempting any further work on the truck for the forseeable future. It has no attraction to me now. While all this is unfolding, my priority is to assist my family to any extent that I am able.

I will not be continuing this restoration, nor making any postings for an undetermined period of time. There are a couple of MLU chaps that I am still attempting to find things for, and that will remain the case. I will contact those members when the goal has been achieved or if all avenues have been exhausted. Either way, I promise to get back to you.

There is no doubt in my mind that you all are wishing well for my Brother, and I thank you in advance and take that as read. There will only be one outcome with this dreadful circumstance, of that there is now no doubt.

Thankyou, and despite not being a religous man.........bless you all.
Old 31-07-13, 12:24
WO8 C15A 142736

Tony it saddens me to read your post. It is probably harder for you knowing the outcome in advance. You and your Mother will need all the love that can be extended to you. You are both in my prayers this week.
Old 31-07-13, 13:14
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Your brother

Tony, that is really tragic news, and on behalf of our fellow MLU community I pray for strength for you, your brother and family in this horrific time.

My own brother has multiple myeloma and whilst this is a slow developing disease it will get him in the end...

Out thoughts and prayers are with you mate, and thanks for your courage in making this situation known to us.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 31-07-13, 13:54
Jeep guy in CMP world!

Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear about your brother. I can sympathise with you, your mum and families pain and sadness as my dad passed away just over 12 months ago from a G4 brain tumor, he was only 62 (im only 30). I do not write this to bring a sadder tone to your message or to look for sympathy for myself, but to say that there are those in MLU land who know exactly what you are going/to go through mate and are here if we can help.

I wish you all well in the coming time ahead and should we be able to do anything to help, please ask- while we are all a distance away, alot can be done from a distance to help.

I have followed your thread from day 1, learning an immense amount for a blitz resto i will one day undertake and will look forward to you picking it up again whenever you are ready to come back.

Regards,
Ian.

1942 Script Willys MB, sn:131175
1942 Script Ford GPW, sn:11730
1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
1945 #4 GMH, RAAF jeep Trailer
SOLD: Ford F15A. Aust. #? Office Body.
www.vintageengines.net
Old 01-08-13, 00:18
Rick Cove

Tony,

Jill and I are both very to hear about your brother. There are unfortunately very few families who are not touched by the big C. My mother developed a G4 and so did Jill's late husband. We therefore know what you and your family are going through.

May I give you a small bit of advice. Do not stop your restoration. Get out there and BASH something hard and then get back into something intricate and it will take your mind off things for a while.

Our thoughts are with you, your mother and your other family and we wish for a nice end to this terrible thing.

Regards Rick and Jill.
1940 F30S Cab11
1940 Chev WA LRDG "Te Hai"
1941 F60L Cab12
1943 Ford Lynx
1942 Bren Gun Carrier VR no.2250
Humber FV1601A
Saracen Mk1(?)
25pdr. 1940 Weir No.266
25pdr. Australian Short No.185 (?)
KVE Member.
Old 01-08-13, 01:40

Hi Tony.

My best thoughts to you and your family and I hope things go as smoothly as possible for all of you.

For what it is worth, I respectfully encourage you not to close the door completely on the restoration project. Leave it ajar slightly so you don't lose sight of it. There will come a time where you won't want to get involved with the major tasks, because they will be overwhelming and seem insignificant to what else is going on, but as I am sure you know, there are always a lot of short simple things to do, even if it is just reorganizing parts or sweeping the floor, that will be a great help to you in getting your mind refocused and refreshed. You will need a break at some point and your restoration will be waiting for you when you do.

Cheers,

David
Old 01-08-13, 01:57
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Our thoughts

Hi Tony

It seems a day does not go by anymore when we are not confronted with sadness. I know there is nothing anyone can say that will reverse what is happening. I know that we are all thinking of you and your family. Please take strength from the knowledge that you have a lot of friends who will help you get through. I concur with David, leave the door ajar, please stay in touch with your MLU family.

Stay Strong.

Tony
Old 21-08-13, 13:10
Lionel G. Evans

Default The Passing of a much Loved Family Member

Hello MLU Community,

I have been asked by Tony to let you all know that in the early hours of this morning Tony's brother Darryl passed away.

Tony has asked me to let everyone know of his family's loss and for me to thank you for all your thoughts and concerns for Tony and his family.

Tony wishes to thank everyone from the MLU community for their continued support in what has been a time of great sadness.

I will pass on any messages to Tony.

Kind Regards
Lionel Evans
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2
Old 21-08-13, 13:21
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Post ...

Tony,
Our thoughts are with you, now and in the coming days.
Take care of your mum and yourself.
The Holgates.
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)
Old 21-08-13, 14:45
Bluebell

Lionel, Can you pass on my best regards to Tony in these difficult times.
Thank you.

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 21-08-13, 15:10
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Sad news

Lionel
Please pass on my condolences to Tony and tell him our thoughts are with him and his family at this sad time.

Thanks

Tony
Old 21-08-13, 20:31
WO8 C15A 142736

Sorry to hear the news Tony. You, Your Mother and Family are again in my prayers.