MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 09-05-07, 17:41
fusilier

Default Mk1 bren gun mount

Hi, i'm looking for a few designs on the bren gun to be mounted on vehicles. I have a brass stem mount and thats it.

I was told thier is an "L" shaped mount( it was used on the Boyes AT Gun) on English carriers? Then there is the long spring mount and a short version of the same spring mount? are any of these being reproduced?. I'm also looking for a mk1 cut or uncut reciever for my bren gun. Thanks

The Swamp fox

John.
Old 09-05-07, 18:44

Going by what you wrote you must have a Mk1 UC. Do you have any pictures of your carrier that you can post. Would love to see what it is your working on.

Yes there is a person making up the long stem mounts.

Finaly, welcome to the forum. Tell us a bit about yourself and you rname as we are a rather friendly bunch who like to be on a first name basis.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer

Last edited by Jordan Baker; 09-05-07 at 19:00.
Old 09-05-07, 20:01
fusilier

Yes I have a 1/35th scale Bren gun carrier . I heard Dragon is coming out with a 1/16th Bren gun carrier soon. That'll would be greatl to run an RC kit too. The brass stem mount came from a military auction that I bought it in sum years back.

Now here is the tricky part I'm looking for a Bren gun carrier to go with it any around these parts? But I do have a small collection of Bren gun parts plus a dummy Bran gun from Sarco. Jordan I see thru the threads here you have a Bren Gun carrier is it yours or your museums? Nice machine

John
Old 09-05-07, 21:20

Default Dragon 1/16

Jordan,

You work at Modeller's Choice, do you guys sell the Dragon stuff? Not that I would want a RC carrier, but taking a 1/16 scale carrier and painting it to look the same as my 1/1 scale would be fun to have for my little guy. 1/6 would be even better :-)

Thanks for the tip on this fusilier

Did you want to part with the brass stem mount?
Old 09-05-07, 22:00
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default 1/6 Carrier

Hi Brad:

There is a guy here in Ottawa who has done a 1/6 Carrier and may be interested in doing more. I dig out his name for yoou.

See my post under WW II histroy re: Polsten- Thanks, by!

Cheers! Mike
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 09-05-07, 23:28

I have never heard of Dragon doing one. Not even any wispers of the various model threads.

Yes my carrier is all mine. I am the Assistant Curator for the RHLI Heritage Museum.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 10-05-07, 02:17
fusilier

No Mr. Mills I need that stem. Besides how much would you pay for it? My pal has an ebay store he sells models to me wholesale. Thier is this new Revel sub thats huge , I need to get back into modeling. I did just complete a 32nd parelle German coastal u-boat I bought 16 years ago. complete meaning painting.4' long sub.

I would like to know who makes that Bren Gun mount, at least I can mount it to my friends ww2 willy's jeep. any help is great. I'm going to try and figure this posting pictures out . so you guys can check my sub out. Thanks for your interest.

John
Old 10-05-07, 13:34
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

Default Carriers

Fusilier - you asked question in PM, can't ansewr in full if you've pushed some button , or some other hocus-pocus that won't allow replies...

therefore - 5 - less the parts loaned out that I may never see again...

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)
Old 10-05-07, 13:54
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Carriers

Quote:
Originally posted by charlie fitton
Fusilier - you asked question in PM, can't ansewr in full if you've pushed some button , or some other hocus-pocus that won't allow replies...

therefore - 5 - less the parts loaned out that I may never see again...
Mr. Fitton,

'fusilier' turned out to be 'Big Mike', who has been excluded from this forum in past and is now again. If you need to contact him, use email.

Jif

Edited to add: Pursuant to your nasty email Mike, no one paid for my trip to Oz. All of that was out of MY pocket. Our Aussies here will verify that.
Old 10-05-07, 15:06

Talking Well spotted Mr W-B

Geez fantastic spotting Sir,

I thought that the spealling mistaches and strange language were a little odd, but familiar.

And just incase Mr Greeley is reading this...I can confirm that Mr Winnington-Ball paid for all of his own travel, Karmen was given the free trip, which she has not been able to take at this stage for health reasons....not that any of that is your business.

Sir, you were expelled from this site due to your behaviour and attitude. Learn from it, get over it and move on. Don't try to rejoin us as you are; at this stage, not welcome here.

Pedr
Old 10-05-07, 21:13
carrier mech

BigMike, you are indeed a rascal. Spelling is getting better too. Still using the words thier and sum, mind you.

By the way, I believe the US BATF is pretty picky about it's citizens buying non-NFA Bren Machine Gun receivers. You might want to watch advertising for that kind of stuff on an open forum.
Old 11-05-07, 02:51
T-16, C15A

Default Re: Carriers

Quote:
Originally posted by charlie fitton

- less the parts loaned out that I may never see again...
Charlie,

Whatever do you mean? I saw those parts just the other day at Terry's weld shop. They are gathering dust in the corner, but one day he will get a spare moment and repop them.

I 'll make sure that you get them back.

Stewart
Old 11-05-07, 21:22
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Power of the Pen

It is always hard to disguise one's writing style.

I found this posted by some one named Mike regarding an e-news article about an Afghani who had a lost a son to NATO convoy protection action (see:

Quote:
http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archi...11/188690.aspx)

I have quoted verbatim, right down to the use of all capital letters. The posting seemed hauntingly familiar:

"IF YOU LOSERS GIVE UP BIN LADEN WE WOULDNT BEEN DROPPING BOMBS...DO WHAT WE WAY SAY WERE IN POWER...YOUR PEOPLE ATTACKED US ON 9/11 AND TOBY KEITH SAID WERE BRINGINH HELL WITH US...YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS TO CLINTON! HE WOULD HAVE DONE A AIRSTRIKE AND WENT TO BED...NOT GW AND CHENEY THEY TOOK THYE FOGHT TO YOIU GUYS...NOW YOUR KIDS AND FAMILIES ARE IN DANGER...WELL 3000 PLUS DEAD DIED IN ONE DAY HERE AND IM PISSED OFF AND YOU NED TO FIND BIN LADEN OR WE WILL TAKE MORE LIVES!"
You be the judge.

Mike (not the guy who posted the vitriol quoted above)
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 12-05-07, 00:49
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Re: Well spotted Mr W-B

Hello,

I can certainly vouch and provide proof for this as well and only jump in here because this is a publically stated thing and feel I should vouch openly. I was the one who received the gift of this trip and haven't been able to use the tickets and such as yet due to health issues.

Karmen
Old 13-05-07, 15:13

Question Hey Karmen

huh???

el non comprende
Old 13-05-07, 15:48
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: Carriers

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Mr. Fitton,

'fusilier' turned out to be 'Big Mike', who has been excluded from this forum in past and is now again. If you need to contact him, use email.

Jif

Edited to add: Pursuant to your nasty email Mike, no one paid for my trip to Oz. All of that was out of MY pocket. Our Aussies here will verify that.
Jefe, Big Mike aka Fusilier aka whatever needs to heed Groucho Marx's advice i.e. "I wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as a member!"
Old 13-05-07, 16:02
Vets Dottir 2nd

Pedr ... eh? I edited my verbosity to make it more comprend-eh-ble

Sapperman and all others .....

MASTER GEOFF aka JEFE may not be able to read your messages ... or respond to emails and PM's for a while as he is out of town for a bit and may not have access to computer and internet. He'll get back to people when able again.

Meanwhile, Hanno, Keith and I are accessible ... and any problems regards forum stuff, just contact one of us and we'll do what we can to help.

Old 13-05-07, 16:42

Wink Karmen

Love it...and you, ya dill...I was only having a go. I could see that you were being very official and all moderator like. Couldn't not have a dig. ( make fun )

Happy Mother's day

Ped.

Did you hear from your girls?
Attached Thumbnails
flower for karmen.jpg  
Old 13-05-07, 23:07
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Re: Karmen

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedr
Love it...and you, ya dill...I was only having a go. I could see that you were being very official and all moderator like. Couldn't not have a dig. ( make fun )

Happy Mother's day

Ped.

Did you hear from your girls?
Talk about a GORGEOUS flower photo!!! Yes ... I've received some Mother''s Day calls from kids/family

And a Happy Mother Day to the Momma Jo and all MLU Mom's as well!!!

I know ya wuz razzin' Ma Yappy I edited for my own reasons

Ma Yappy