MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 06-05-10, 16:37
Dan Glanville

Default Looking for FV432

Hello
I am looking for an FV432 or M113. If anyone has any information where to find one other than the UK, I would greatly appreciate guidance. Thanks
Old 07-05-10, 10:07

Default M-113 or FV 432

lots of 432 here in the UK and the M-113 in Rapier form....if needed I can put you in touch with the best guy(has full export permits) cheers malcolm
Old 09-05-10, 07:32

There has been one on David Uhrig's website for a while. Seller has lowered the price once already, maybe he's motivated.

http://www.armyjeeps.net/armor1.htm

(Eleventh vehicle down.)
Old 09-05-10, 13:53

There was a scrap dealer in Regina, Canada had quite a number of them a few years back. Another forum member might be able to give you more details.
Old 13-05-10, 04:14
Terry Warner

Default Regina

Of all places there is a steel mill in the middle of the Prairies. IPSCO is/was the name 10 yrs ago.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 13-05-10, 09:22
Richard Harrison

before paying out you should know that you can get one here in the UK very clean on low hours with full pack for circa £4500, it would cost you circa £1500 to get it shipped to your door, so pending on what folk are asking for them over Canada keep your options open.

do you not fancy a nice CVRT ? around the same price for a better made machine unless you intend to convert the hull into a Stug or panzer

good luck buddy if you decide the UK may be more viable let us know and we will keep our eyes peeled for you.

www.milweb.net there are tonnes on here.

FV432 APC
Low hour's engine pack and new batteries fitted recently along with a full set of track pads, road registered (historic vehicle road Tax) a coat of paint needed but 90% there (this is reflected in the price) redundancy forces sale so is an unfinished project. Location Spalding Lincs. £4500.
07969 185361

this one appears to merely need a coat of paint (appears)

__5th Div___46th Div__
1942 Ford Universal Carrier No.3 MkI*
Lower Hull No. 10131
War Department CT54508 (SOLD)
1944 Ford Universal Carrier MkII* (under restoration).
1944 Morris C8 radio body (under restoration).
Old 14-05-10, 01:05
AKA Rick Wedlock

excellent choice,there aren't many tracked vehicles i haven't driven and i have to say the 432 is my favourite, it sounds good, it goes well and it's real simple engineering, get one, you'll love it.

eddy
Old 14-05-10, 01:07
AKA Rick Wedlock

forgot to mention don't get a mk1 petrol, nothing but trouble and lack of power.
Old 14-05-10, 03:13
carrier mech

I had a mk1 petrol, and once the linkages were properly adjusted to give it the full range of throttle it went like a bat out of hell. I am certain it would beat a M113A2 in a race, as long as you restricted the track to 32mph.
Old 14-05-10, 16:51
Markus

Default Importing any armour to Canada

Hi, it's Markus from Willys Acres.

We've imported several vehicles over the years, here is what you need:

1. Money
2. Controlled goods certification
3. It needs to be a business in England to receive export permits so you can actually ship it out of England. You will need to download & set up a program called ELVIS to get the right paperwork.
4. Organize shipping from sellers place to port for seafreight (i.e. Dover, etc.), port has to be equipped for roll-on/roll-off loading as an FV432 does not fit in a container.
5. Make sure vehicle is spic and span clean (pressure washed 5 times over, no dirt in tracks, etc. Canadian officials are still mad about the mad cow disease)
6. Organize seafreight shipper to port Canada (Halifax, etc.) approx. US $ 4,000.00-6,000.00 (includes port charges & more charges & more charges)
7. Have all customs paperwork ready before it arrives at port & get it set up with your shipper (there will be duty & all applicable taxes on it)
8. Customs Inspection: Most likely customs/agricultural Canada will find a flaw, a spec of dust, something so you will have to have it washed again ($ 800-1,000)
9. Organize transportation from port Canada to your location before it arrives so it can be picked up immediately upon customs release as you will be charged for every day it sits in their yard
10. Transport will be overwidth as the FV432 is over 102" wide so transport will require special permits (more $)

Controlled goods certification takes anywhere 3-12 month & a bunch of paperwork. You also have to submit reasonable grounds for importing armour. You will have to give Canadian, American & their NATO partners permission & authorization to investigate you as well as your premisses where the vehicle/s will be kept.

You will have to provide safe storage under controlled goods which means if you take it anywhere you will have to provide 24hour security.

How all the rules and regulations are enforced varies on a case by case basis.

If you wish we can help you import your armour i.e. organize all of the above as we are certified under controlled goods and know the process.

Please contact us directly at 705-835-5739 or willysacres@look.ca

Markus

P.S.: The cheapest thing is buying it after that it costs real money!
Old 14-05-10, 17:47
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Very interesting! Thank you Markus.

PS: I imagine the conditions for importation are slightly easier under the aegis of an established museum?

Geoff
Old 28-08-10, 19:37

Kakhi imports and he ships into Canada !
Old 28-08-10, 20:37
Terry Warner

Default Fv432

John Hipwell in Virden MB had one for sale about 2 yrs ago. His company is called Wolverine, and they sell plenty of high-end guns and ammo. If he still has it, start talking. If it has been sold, I'm sure he'd be ready to let the new owner know you are asking.

There is one (with the one-man MG turrent) in the fenced storage yard at Connaught Ranges. Since it is not a Canadian vehicle or appropriate for their display of Canadian vehicles, the base commander or his right-hand man (Maj Justin Schmidt-Cleaver) might be willing to discuss trades.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 02-10-10, 05:56
that halftrack guy

What about bringing a m113 or m114 into canada from the US? It must be more simple than all this no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysacres View Post
Hi, it's Markus from Willys Acres.

We've imported several vehicles over the years, here is what you need:

1. Money
2. Controlled goods certification
3. It needs to be a business in England to receive export permits so you can actually ship it out of England. You will need to download & set up a program called ELVIS to get the right paperwork.
4. Organize shipping from sellers place to port for seafreight (i.e. Dover, etc.), port has to be equipped for roll-on/roll-off loading as an FV432 does not fit in a container.
5. Make sure vehicle is spic and span clean (pressure washed 5 times over, no dirt in tracks, etc. Canadian officials are still mad about the mad cow disease)
6. Organize seafreight shipper to port Canada (Halifax, etc.) approx. US $ 4,000.00-6,000.00 (includes port charges & more charges & more charges)
7. Have all customs paperwork ready before it arrives at port & get it set up with your shipper (there will be duty & all applicable taxes on it)
8. Customs Inspection: Most likely customs/agricultural Canada will find a flaw, a spec of dust, something so you will have to have it washed again ($ 800-1,000)
9. Organize transportation from port Canada to your location before it arrives so it can be picked up immediately upon customs release as you will be charged for every day it sits in their yard
10. Transport will be overwidth as the FV432 is over 102" wide so transport will require special permits (more $)

Controlled goods certification takes anywhere 3-12 month & a bunch of paperwork. You also have to submit reasonable grounds for importing armour. You will have to give Canadian, American & their NATO partners permission & authorization to investigate you as well as your premisses where the vehicle/s will be kept.

You will have to provide safe storage under controlled goods which means if you take it anywhere you will have to provide 24hour security.

How all the rules and regulations are enforced varies on a case by case basis.

If you wish we can help you import your armour i.e. organize all of the above as we are certified under controlled goods and know the process.

Please contact us directly at 705-835-5739 or willysacres@look.ca

Markus

P.S.: The cheapest thing is buying it after that it costs real money!
Old 02-10-10, 07:26
Blitzed

Default here's one in Oz

Must have cost lots to import cause it's pretty expensive:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 02-10-10, 09:19
Steve Denby

I'd be going for an m548 track load carrier. Those things are cool!! Everyone has a 432 these days
1941 Morris Commercial CS8
Old 02-10-10, 13:49
Gilles Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bedford Boys View Post
I'd be going for an m548 track load carrier. Those things are cool!! Everyone has a 432 these days
I have been looking for a M548 in the US and the cheapest at $6k for a parts vehicle, to have 1 vehicle I must buy 3 scrappers and then find the engine. I found one at $33,000USD and it is in very good condition, then there is the shipping $2k - $3k. I have been looking for over 2 years and have yet to find one that the owner is willing to part with. There are a few in England again price, paperwork!!!
Old 02-10-10, 21:42
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettes View Post
What about bringing a m113 or m114 into canada from the US? It must be more simple than all this no?
M113's are still in service with a number of armies. As American technology, it falls under any number of restrictive regulations and end-use licenses. There are several hundred Canadian M113s listed for sale by Crown Assets*, but only to properly approved buyers. An individual is not going to have the same credability or legitimacy as a sovereign government.

But an M114 is an obsolete Vietnam-era vehicle that has been out of the US inventory for 3 dozen years. So if you can afford one, get it!

https://www.gcsurplus.ca//mn-eng.cfm....cfm#topOfCADC

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Last edited by maple_leaf_eh; 02-10-10 at 21:51. Reason: added link
Old 03-10-10, 03:39
carrier mech

Prefair surplus had some M113 powerpacks a while back I recall. They need to be modded a bit to work in a 548 but it's doable.

Quite frankly, I always found the 548s unreliable. A lot of the blame could go to the operators, and some of it to the design. As a one owner vehicle they might be alright.
Old 05-10-10, 10:42
Richard Harrison

gents... a truck load of 432's on milweb at present.... one is in France not much better than the UK but hey its somewhere different.

__5th Div___46th Div__
1942 Ford Universal Carrier No.3 MkI*
Lower Hull No. 10131
War Department CT54508 (SOLD)
1944 Ford Universal Carrier MkII* (under restoration).
1944 Morris C8 radio body (under restoration).
Old 30-10-10, 14:38

Default 432

Sadly the 432 with the Peak Engineering turret at Connaught Ranges is a bit of a sore point with me.

It is owned by the Canadian War Museum.

The range doesnt want it as a monument. It WAS a runner having been made a tidy vehicle before being handed over to CWM a number of years ago. I saw it at that time.

It is missing scopes etc as of last year when I went to view it it was on the downhill slope quite significantly. It was at the end of the yard and had become part of the snow bank the previous winter when I was there.

It potentially could be a runner again but only if CWM will do a trade for it. CWM was offered a Canadian Ferret fully done up as a monument as a straight swap but said no.

Yet again, an unloved vehicle being slowly absorbed back by nature.

Robin
Attached Thumbnails
various 049.jpg   various 046.jpg   various 017.jpg   various 038.jpg  

Last edited by Robin Craig; 30-10-10 at 19:27.
Old 30-10-10, 14:42

And there are two more not far from Connaught, that are outside as well with some tarping over them, which is questionable as far as its effectiveness.

The picture is poor as I had to use a phone camera as my digital had an issue that night.

R
Attached Thumbnails
various 054.jpg  
Old 30-10-10, 16:08

So,

to clarify Markus, any "armoured vehicle" coming into Canada has to be part of the controlled goods program does it?

Robin
Old 07-12-10, 01:26

would the originator of this thread please contact me, or anyone who knows him nudge him to do so.

Thanks

Robin
Old 26-10-20, 17:54

have 2 here in winnipeg