Old 26-11-06, 22:00
Vets Dottir

Default I Love MLU

Hello everyone,

I've been having fun in the snow in our driveway today
Attached Images

Old 26-11-06, 22:23

Default Love the sentiment

and I'm relieved to see it's not signed in yellow snow!

In a similar vein, from the Great War, undated.

Cheers, Dave
Attached Thumbnails
greeting card ww1.jpg  
Old 26-11-06, 22:27

Default inside the card

the sender is no relation, just amongst some militaria give to me.

Cheers, Dave
Attached Thumbnails
inside.jpg  
Old 26-11-06, 22:33
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Love the sentiment

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Block
and I'm relieved to see it's not signed in yellow snow! Cheers, Dave
Hello Dave,

Yes, well, don't they have new laws these days about yellowing in public??? Wouldn't want the local RCMP detachment to haul off me wee bittie self to a jail cell when they disagree with my artistic licence as being above the law, now would I? Always some law to ruin the fun

Legally Oppressed Ma Yappy
Old 26-11-06, 23:43
Vets Dottir

Default Oh Deer me ...

Well, here I am breathless (quiet Marko ) after rudely and abruptly hanging up the phone on Sunray when I spotted a deer calmly and slowly walking by outside ... I rushed out stocking feet with my camera and chased it down the street (it still walking slowly, me running : ) couldn't get close enough for a close up, and it refused to turn around a 2nd time so I could take a photo of it's face and 2 prongs but ........... here is what I did get!

Ma Yappy Deer Chaser
Attached Thumbnails
deer2prong.jpg  
Old 26-11-06, 23:46
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

That face looks strangely familiar!

Turn around, deer!:dh:
Old 26-11-06, 23:54
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
That face looks strangely familiar!

Turn around, deer!:dh:
That's about how I looked "running" (more like hobbling on the spot and getting forward slightly every few steps) :dh:

And WHO does the deer/dh remind you of then, Tony?

Ma Yappy
Old 27-11-06, 00:13

Default Sign of the times

from my cousin in N.Vancouver. Gotta love it!

Cheers, Dave
Attached Thumbnails
dogguardians.jpg  
Old 27-11-06, 00:45
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Sign of the times

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Block
from my cousin in N.Vancouver. Gotta love it!

Cheers, Dave
Good one! Quite the sign of the times, for sure.

That photo makes me homesick for the Coast and the Island though Now I'll have to call my foster family to say hello

Karmen
Old 27-11-06, 01:37

Default Perhaps this is more to your liking

moving inland a bit.

Cheers, Dave
Attached Thumbnails
saskatoon.jpg  
Old 27-11-06, 01:43

Default Finally

location unknown, but does it really matter?

Cheers, Dave
Attached Thumbnails
sharpedges.jpg  
Old 27-11-06, 06:40
Vets Dottir

Hi Dave,

Where ever are you finding those signs Fun!

Here's a "sign" I just took a photo of.

A sign of winter at night! The snow is not going to stop methinks ... this is a view out my door to the next door neighbors fence/covered area. See the snow (where is Spot and Puff???)

Karmen.
Attached Thumbnails
snowsunday.jpg  
Old 27-11-06, 12:54

Default deer Photo.

Hello Karmen.
Beautiful photo of the deer you must live in a nice place, just to see these beautiful creatures walking around free would be so nice to see, Is it an Elk?
Thank you for the pic,
Regards,
Ron,
Old 27-11-06, 20:05
Vets Dottir

Default Re: deer Photo.

Quote:
Originally posted by ron
Hello Karmen.
Beautiful photo of the deer you must live in a nice place, just to see these beautiful creatures walking around free would be so nice to see, Is it an Elk?
Thank you for the pic,
Regards,
Ron,
Hi Ron,

I thought the deer was just "a Deer" (By the way, did you spot how big the ears are? Awesome, hey?) ... a young buck with two prongs. It is quite big as deer go, so I wonder of maybe it IS a young Elk? But I thought Elk were MUCH bigger, including bigger boned and bulkier/chunkier joints etc.

I really do love seeing these creatures just calmly walking by and they don't seem to get spooked very easily. Even if I got too close, the two I've been close too so far have just looked up at me calm but annoyed (hey human, back off ) and ready to bolt, but not in a panicky way. The first one I spotted was only about 5 feet away from me and I didn't have my camera at the time. I'm sure I'll meet more deer.

Not a photo of a deer, but of the view from my front room window ... it's snowing right now ...

Karmen
Attached Thumbnails
snowtree1.jpg  
Old 27-11-06, 21:36
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: deer Photo.

Quote:
Originally posted by ron
Hello Karmen.
Thank you for the pic,
Regards,
Ron,
Ron..
It's a mule deer...
Check the ears..
See them here..

http://www.desertusa.com/feb97/du_muledeer.html

They also look great next to the mashed potatos...
Old 27-11-06, 21:38
Vets Dottir

Alex, that's definately the same kind of deer Thanks!

Ma Yappy
Old 28-11-06, 11:15

Default Deer

Hi alex,
Thanks for the information, I was not aware that the Mule deer were up in Canada, I do know them but just assumed they were down in the more arid areas, the ears had me a bit tricked and I was more or less going on the rump patch, anyway thanks we can live and learn its certainly a nice area I have been to the states befor but never up in to Canada, and that is my loss
thanks again ,this is what I like so much about this forum its just like one big family and we all share our many varied interests unselflishly
Best Regards,
Ron,
Old 28-11-06, 11:20

Default front widow,

Hi Karmen,
Thanks for the pic of where you live what a beautiful place it is, I would trade you for some of your snow its stinking hot here tonight 8.15 pm and about 30 degrees celcius,
Regards,
Ron,
Old 28-11-06, 13:40
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Deer

Quote:
Originally posted by ron
Hi alex,
Thanks for the information, I was not aware that the Mule deer were up in Canada, I do know them but just assumed they were down in the more arid areas, the ears had me a bit tricked and I was more or less going on the rump patch, anyway thanks we can live and learn its certainly a nice area I have been to the states befor but never up in to Canada, and that is my loss
thanks again ,this is what I like so much about this forum its just like one big family and we all share our many varied interests unselflishly
Best Regards,
Ron,
Ron..
Mulies run as far north as Central Saskatchewan and are very prolific and as much a nuisance to farmers as 'roos are to OZ farmers...
Because of the exploding deer pops'. in SASK. we had two main zones..North and South..
As residents we were allowed two white tails in the north and two mulies and one white tail in the south..
This was back in the '80..so don't know now..
I allways had one freezer full of just smokies(Smoked deer sausage) and brought my family up on deer meat..
Canada's west ,like OZ is wide open country and most hunters used .308,30-'06,7MM magnum,.270,6.5X55 ,.243 or some other flat shooting long range cartridge...
I prefered my 30-'06 M77 featherweight Ruger...with 2X7 Wide angle Redfield scope...
After years and years of practice,tons of handloading and testing,deer kills from 1800Meters-18 Ft..I put the hobby to rest..sold all my guns and hunt now with a camera..and get my meat from The store..Too many idiots out there now with lethal weapons that call themselves hunters..
Old 29-11-06, 02:26
Vets Dottir

Here's a photo from my walk home from downtown (yes, I'm walking great these days, halleluja to wonder drugs)

My place is behind the 2nd small house beyond the big yellow/orange one by the big evergreen. Coincidentally, were I to stand by that evergreen and look the other direction down that street, thats about where I caught up with the deer's heinie and took it's photo

Can you see the snow caps on the horizon? I think Calgary is somewhere over the other side of those peaks, about 4 hours :

No deer today Just snow and cold enough to cause stinging fingers and chin ... brrrrrrrr ... it's winter!

Ma Yappy
Attached Thumbnails
neighborhood2.jpg  
Old 29-11-06, 11:33

Default Mule Deer

Hi Alex,
I also used to hunt deer but gave it up many years ago,I used a .358 Winchester model 88 with a Kahles 2-7 scope,I turned to conservation we had a few rare species of imported deer that were on the brink, but with care and a lot of work they are safe now,
Regards,
Ron,
Old 29-11-06, 11:36

Default Picture post card,

Hello Karmen,
What a nice picture, its almost like a picture post card, thank you for posting it,
Regards,
Ron,
Old 29-11-06, 18:59
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Picture post card,

Quote:
Originally posted by ron
Hello Karmen,
What a nice picture, its almost like a picture post card, thank you for posting it,
Regards,
Ron,
Thanks Ron, I'm glad you're enjoying the photos, and it really is fun/nice to have a digital camera along on walks ... and for deer hunting

I just checked the local weather and it's -20 celcius right now, says it ... stay indoors and drink Hot Chocolate weather for sure!

Karmen
Old 30-11-06, 10:51

Default Deer

Hi Karmen.
We have had a little rain in the last couple of days and it has greened up a little,
Regards,
Ron,
Attached Thumbnails
mvc-029s.jpg  
Old 30-11-06, 10:58

Default Young Stag

Hello Karmen,
This is a young stag is name is Peter,he is just starting to grow is second set of antlers,its taken about a month to grow this much in a couple of more months he will have grown the full set then he will rub off the velvet,and be the new boss of the heard, Regards,
Ron,
Attached Thumbnails
mvc-028s.jpg  
Old 30-11-06, 19:35
Vets Dottir

Hi Ron,

You're blessed with that landscape and those creatures to look at and mingle with every day. Peter is a handsome young buck, isn't he? I'd be in my glory to live in such an environment Thanks for the photos!

PS: I was too optimistic and quick in my comment about walking great these days, because for some reason (the cold weather?) am very flared, especially ankles and feet and walking very difficult today. Need my dogsled to get to physio today ... will take my camera if I can make it, in case I spot a nice shot. Today the sun shines gloriously with strips of cloud against a beautiful blue sky. Temp was listed as -13 celcius about an hour ago. Note to self ... wear MukLuks.

Karmen
Old 01-12-06, 08:35

Default Paradise

Hello Karmen .
Sorry to hear that you are not to well at the moment, take it easy and one day at a time, take care of you,
Yes I think my world is not a bad place to live in it does not get any better I dont think, just to sit on the verandah of a morning and have breakfast whilst these beautiful creatures are walking around grazing what more could a person wish for?
Take care,
Ron,
Old 01-12-06, 08:48
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Paradise

Quote:
Originally posted by ron
Hello Karmen .
Sorry to hear that you are not to well at the moment, take it easy and one day at a time, take care of you,
Yes I think my world is not a bad place to live in it does not get any better I dont think, just to sit on the verandah of a morning and have breakfast whilst these beautiful creatures are walking around grazing what more could a person wish for?
Take care,
Ron,
Wish for Canadian company to enjoy that veranda and breakfast, view, and critters, with you and your family, someone like CANADIAN ME

And yes, I'm sorry to feel this regression flare too. I wish I could understand why I'm flaring so I could know how to prevent it. With all the daily toxic cocktails I was doing great, then pfffffffffftt.
Cocktails aren't working so good all of a sudden. Maybe it IS the sub-sub-sub-zero temps.

Sorry, didn't take pics today. Ended up having to stay home and pop some potent painkillers, which have their perks on both pain and brain muting Nuther time for pics.

Karmen
Old 01-12-06, 09:18

Default Pic next time

Hi Karmen.
Take care, I would love to see pics of your area when you get the time and are feeling much better

regards,
Ron,