MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-03-05, 16:40

Default Falaise Gap: Logistics of the Canadian 4th Armoured Division

Hello friends,

I am looking for all possible data on the subjest of RCASC companies that served in the Falaise Gap in aid of Canadian 4th Armoured Division. It seems to be hard to find info but maybe I am wrong and only am unable to look into right place for this information?

I do have various Canadian books on the Falaise Gap, 2nd Corps, 4th Armoured (including the memoirs of Maj.-Gen. George Kitching, GOC of the 4th Armoured) etc., etc., but there is lack of more detailed information about the logistics system of the Canadian 4th Armoured Division. It is only known that there were four RCASC companies serving respectively: one for 4th Armoured Brigade; one for 10th Infantry Brigade; two for four artillery regiments and the rest of division.

That is why I would like to ask you for help. Does anyone know the TOE of the RCASC company serving for the Canadian 4th Armoured Division? If you do not know this from the Falaise Gap period I would be also interested in typical structure and organization of the RCASC company in the Canadian Armoured Division, ETO 1944. What was the number of troops in one RCASC company in the 4th Armoured? How many trucks and other vehicles? Etc., etc.

If we find good and interesting answers I will write you why I asked for this information.

I would be very thankful for your help!

Best regards

Crewman