MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 18-08-06, 04:04
Vets Dottir

Question Rogue-ette

I thought I'd give you all a little scare ... guess who is this Sweet 16 in a Red Wig (which you can't see B&W) ...

Ma Yappy
Attached Images

Old 18-08-06, 05:22
M38A1 CDN3

Doris Day Redux?
Old 18-08-06, 05:25
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Doris Day Redux?
You you

I get the "Doris Day" part, but what is "Redux"??? Eh?
Old 18-08-06, 05:58
M38A1 CDN3

First of all, what are you doin' up this late at night?

Redux... Check out Apocalypse Now Redux and it will become apparent.

Apologies to Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness".
Old 18-08-06, 06:30
Vets Dottir

Quote:
First of all, what are you doin' up this late at night?

Redux... Check out Apocalypse Now Redux and it will become apparent.

Apologies to Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness".
First of all, yes I guess I should be asleep, it's all of 10:15 pm, and I really REAAAALY NEED my beauty sleep more than ever now

I checked "Apocolypse Now Redux" and still don't get the meaning of the word "redux" in context with that, though meanings seem to be "to bring back"??? ... will look it up some more tomorrow maybe. Am going back to lounging on the couch and watching the Aviator. This day has been too long without a nap and just 3 hours sleep last night. Was a big day and outing for me.

hey folks, how about you MLU-ers posting some of your younger days faces??? Eh? Why not?

Karmen.
Old 18-08-06, 18:24
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Doris Day Redux?
Jon, I'm thinking more Sandra Dee.
Old 18-08-06, 20:40
Vets Dottir

Yes ... hmmmmm ... that picture ceratinly "dates" the subject posing

Amazing thing just happened ... I had to go out and walked/hobbled across a school feild only to meet up with a HUGE and well filled out DOE munching on tree leaves by the creek. She spotted me, raised her head and HUGE ears, and catiously kept her eye on me as I walked by her, about 15 feet from her. I yapped to her the whole time, of course, and she paid attention listening to every word I said. Amazing, hey?

(she was gorgeous and seemed quite tame! I really regret I didn't have my camera with me I was later told that there are lots of deer in town and that many are really quite tame like that)

Karmen.
Old 18-08-06, 20:57
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Good eatin'

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Yes ... hmmmmm ... that picture ceratinly "dates" the subject posing

Amazing thing just happened ... I had to go out and walked/hobbled across a school feild only to meet up with a HUGE and well filled out DOE munching on tree leaves by the creek. She spotted me, raised her head and HUGE ears, and catiously kept her eye on me as I walked by her, about 15 feet from her. I yapped to her the whole time, of course, and she paid attention listening to every word I said. Amazing, hey?

(she was gorgeous and seemed quite tame! I really regret I didn't have my camera with me I was later told that there are lots of deer in town and that many are really quite tame like that)

Karmen.
karmen..Gotta start packin' heat...You could have smoked her with a .22 short from that distance and had some good eatin' for the winter...
Old 18-08-06, 21:27
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Good eatin'

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
karmen..Gotta start packin' heat...You could have smoked her with a .22 short from that distance and had some good eatin' for the winter...
A fridge full of venison ... what a gamey idea and I coulda "smoked" her with a being so close and her so still and calm

Nope ... I couldn't bear to hurt a creature and couldn't bear it more to kiill it. I'll let the hunters and gatherers do that part so I don't recognize the creatures I'm eating for dinner ... the doe didn't know it I suspect, but had she jumped across the creek there's a house with a garden there and new green peas dripping off the vines at the sidewalk ... I'm sure she would have had a long feist! (I snitched ONE, wiped it off and ate it (ignoring what things might have been sprayed on them by the city on the sidewalk side ), and it tasted sweet and great. I love new peas fresh off the vine)

Karmen.