MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 08-05-12, 12:21

Default C8AX in Australia

Due to a change in circumstances my CA8X is up for sale. I've only had it a short time but we just cant keep her I'm afraid. Mick has done a excellent job on the restoration and She is basically as good as the day it rolled off the production line 70 years ago with the exception of a few minor scratches and some wear marks in the tray from Micks petrol drums etc.

I have taken her on a few runs and she took part in ANZAC Day stuff in and around Texas.

So - If anyone out there wants a unique piece of history, or knows some one who might let me know

$22,000 ono.

Avid Military historian & traveller

From Gallipoli and the Somme, Tobruk and Kakoda, through to Timor, the Gulf and now into Afghanistan remember the supreme sacrifice made by other so we can live our lives in peace and freedom, be proud of those who serve. Lest We Forget.
Old 08-05-12, 22:21
MLU Administrator

Peter,

I have moved your posting from C8AX Tac Sign to here plus added a picture to give it the attention it deserves.

Sorry to hear you have to let her go, here's hoping you will find a good home for it.

Regards,
Hanno
Old 09-05-12, 03:27

Default A bit more info.

For those of you who might be interested I thought I better give a few more details.

1943 CA8X Chev fully restored by Mick Estens of Coonabarabran over the last few years (See his thread CA8X Tac Sign in the softskin forum for detailed photos of the restoration). Rebuilt 216 engine, rewired, brakes overhauled, instrument panel rebuilt, running original 6V system with black out light and inter-changable headlight. All seats recushioned and covered in original fabric sourced from Belgium I believe. Has a canvas canopy and frame for the tray all made to original specs.

Repainted in NZ livery with original service number and markings as it was when it saw service in the Pacific theatre in WW2.

Has traveled approx 5000 miles since complete restoration including a run to the NT Truck meet in Alice Springs by Mick in 2011. Since I purchased the vehicle in December 2011 it has been used in and around Texas (Qld) and taken part in ANZAC day celebrations in the region and the odd run to the post office & that's it.

A great little Blitz and in top condition. Comes with original service manual some spare belts and bulbs, canvas windows and period recovery gear.

From Gallipoli and the Somme, Tobruk and Kakoda, through to Timor, the Gulf and now into Afghanistan remember the supreme sacrifice made by other so we can live our lives in peace and freedom, be proud of those who serve. Lest We Forget.
Old 06-06-12, 07:22

Default Ebay

The Blitz is now listed on Ebay for anyone who might be interested. I hope she can find a new home.

Old 06-06-12, 09:49
Blitzed

Default blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Solomon View Post
The Blitz is now listed on Ebay for anyone who might be interested. I hope she can find a new home.

And here's the link. Good luck Pete.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chevrolet...item33772b6eac
Old 06-06-12, 10:51

Default Cheers

Hi Ryan - cheers for posting that link.

I sure hope some one out there in CMP land wants her - she is a great truck - Mick did a stella job on the rebuild and owning her, even very briefly has been the fulfillment of a boyhood dream but I am afraid I just cant keep her - personal reasons I dont really want to go into but we really need the extra cash so I'm open to sensible offers people.

Old 26-08-12, 03:39

Smile Listed Again

Hi All,

Well I have listed the Blitz on eBay again - she has to be sold so spread the word. All sensible offers considered, as will trade/swap items like a caravan or quad bike etc.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221114654...84.m1586.l2649

Old 30-11-12, 07:35

Default A great Christmas gift for someone

The mighty C8AX is still for sale - I have dropped the price to 17,500 if anyone might want a unique Christmas gift.

I'm getting desperate to sell - -Personal reasons - so if you know anyone who might be interested please let them know.

Cheers

Pete

Old 07-12-12, 10:40

Default Listed on eBay again

I have just re listed the puddle jumper on eBay again.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221163290...84.m1586.l2649

Some one out there must have a home for it!!

Last edited by Pete Solomon; 07-12-12 at 10:40. Reason: aditional information