MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-18, 19:08

I couldn't agree more about the Stug's new UK home...The Weald Foundation is an incredible group with a keen attention to detail and history that is not found in many places these days..plus they make a point of keeping these vehicles in the public eye...very commendable. But I still can't help but feel some sadness and perhaps better said, frustration that this is what it has come to for us here in Canada, that our historical vehicles end up getting more attention and better treatment in another country...this wasn't "just a Stug" as rare as they have become...it was one part of a uniquely Canadian tale involving truly Canadian characters, its loss is a big deal. As I have said before, once all the veterans of these conflicts are gone it is only the artifacts that are tangible links to our history...and if we don't respect those, then what do we have?