MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 20-12-11, 08:16
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Restored ww2 jeep trailer

HI All

Late last year I purchased a No 4 Australian Jeep trailer. From the data plate details, Mike Cecil was able to locate the original ARN number. 166778. This enabled me to update the details on Ian Fawbert Jeep Register. At that time we also discussed what colour to eventually paint the Jeep. I know there will be people out there with strong views and keeping in keeping everything authentic. I have tried to do this and at the same time make the Jeep trailer part of my restored 1942 MB Willys Jeep.

I decided to keep the theme going and do up the Jeep trailer to match my MB Jeep, which I restored in Desert colours to match the 2/10 Battalion, a South Australian raised battalion which was part of 9 Division in the western desert campaign and part of the "Desert Rats". I have posted some photos of the final result of the restoration. I know some may not be happy that I deviated from the original, But then I am happy with the result.

Cheers

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02305.jpg   DSC02307.jpg   DSC02306.jpg  
Old 20-12-11, 09:45

Smile

Tony that looks terrific. When you can post a photo or two showing it behind the jeep.

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 20-12-11, 10:55

Tony,

I think a lot of people have said this to you before but you should not listen to anal/pompous/nosey "experts" trying to tell you what you must do with your own property. Few of them own a perfect vehicle and a lot don't own any vehicle.

My two bobs worth is you have done a great job in saving a jeep and trailer for future generations and you deserve to enjoy them however you see fit. If you want to paint them purple who cares - an "expert" can easily change the colour when he buys it from you.

On the other hand if you pulled a good complete jeep apart to put on a Hilux chassis with a Holden V6 they might have a point!!!
Old 20-12-11, 11:15
Blitzed

Tony.
Old 20-12-11, 11:21
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Thanks

Cliff, Lang and Ryan

Thanks guys, this is what I love about MLU, the honesty and support to new members. Yes I will do some photos of the Jeep with trailer in tow to share with MLU members.

Cheers

Tony
Old 13-01-12, 02:37
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Jeep and trailer

Hi All

Earlier in this thread I posted my restored Australian No:4 Jeep Trailer and a number of MLU members requested that I post some photos of the Jeep and Trailer combination together. I have now taken some photos and apologise for the delay as I had to wait for a Fuel Pump Kit which took some time to arrive as most companies were closed over the Christmas period. My Jeep is now drivable again. Photos attached as promised.

Cheers

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02312.jpg   DSC02314.jpg   DSC02315.jpg   DSC02316.jpg  
Old 13-01-12, 06:38

thats a good looking combination & one to be proud of Tony.

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 13-01-12, 06:48

Yes Tony, looks very good. Nice to see something other than green (occasionally...)
Good to see the fuel problem sorted.
I am worried that you do not appear to have another project in the pipeline. Surely you are not going to slack off and enjoy the fruits of you labours?
Rich.
Old 13-01-12, 08:27
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Very happy

Hi Cliff and Rich

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yes I am very happy with the finished project and I can't wait for an official outing to show them off. I would love another project but I am very restricted for space at the moment. We have the house up for sale and I am looking for another property with easier access and a nice big shed. Now I know what it is like when the restoration bug bites. In the meantime I will give my mate Bob a hand with the restoration of his F15 Blitz.

Cheers

Tony