MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 05-02-07, 17:18
Numpty

Default New kid in town, handle with care

Hi everyone. I've just registered, having been glancing from afar. Just over a year ago I purchased a C8A HU, which for all intents and purposes is a wireless type. Its actually pictured on this site, when it was for sale on milweb. I have since repainted it due to it looking to boxy for my liking, that and black paint in varying British summers being a bad idea.

There is a bulk head behind the cab, the right hand side door has been sealed up, the running board on the drivers side has some small holes in it, suggesting an aerial base, and the side screens for the cab, although in need of repair, are of the sliding glass type. On the other side, the roof is not the wireless type, as there are not enough holes, or any fixtures at all. Interior empty, no chairs, table, nothing. Oh yeah, the rear upper side panels are now aluminium. I know it all sounds a bit vague, but I love the look of the truck, the way it drives, everything.

My initial plan is to get the external fixtures right, then work on the interior. Basically any measurements of, or whereabouts of actual parts would be fan-diddly-tastic. I do have an important part, the lucky mascot. Pictures will appear if anyone is interested.

C8A HUW 1942
Old 05-02-07, 17:39
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Pics

They are not just welcome, they are encouraged, Nick! In the meantime, welcome to our mad, mad world!
Old 05-02-07, 17:44
Numpty

Thanks Geoff,
I shall get some up soon, in the meantime I have to find a 6v battery charger, up until now its been sound, then I can get her out to shoot some pics in the glorious Devon weather. I don't know where that came from, Devon is supposed to have terrible weather. Also must turn her around, it makes access to the longer half-shaft so much easier than cutting a hole in the wall of my barn.

C8A HUW 1942