MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 17-07-10, 01:01

Default Looking for CUCV

I am currently looking for a CUCV pick up to add to the parking lot of green stuff. Any leads would be appreciated. Canada only please, as I don't want to spend my time messing with the crew to the south of us....just too much headache with end user licenses.
Thanks
Dan Sicotte
61 Daimler Ferret Mk 2/3
86 Land Rover 90
Old 17-07-10, 17:55
Gilles Chartrand

Dan I can get you a M1008 from the US with no hassles, I have just bought a M1031 Maint Contact truck from a dealer in the US and he told me he has quite a few M1008 pickups. The M1031 I bought cost me $5K and will be delivered this week, it is in very nice condition and has a lot of the original eqpt. Here is his name and address. These guys are on north west side of Chicago. To ship my truck it cost me $925 delivered to Ogdensburg NY 120KM from Mtl.
I will pick up the truck at the border and bring it across myself, the paperwork is very very easy and no hassle, no bother with EUC etc. Check their website.
Gilles

Jeff at Motorsource, Inc
2210 Skokie Valley Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035
847 579 5095
Old 17-07-10, 19:29
carrier mech

Just a guess here Gilles, but I suspect ignorance is bliss. The CUCV will be controlled. Heck, even SMP trailers are now controlled, with no sales to non-US citizens. Even the old pattern M-16 bayonet now needs end user certs, and no non-US sales.

The multi level layers of controls may not be known by your car dealer, and perhaps may or may not be known by the Border patrol, who now do exit checks on many days. We just came back from the MVPA convention with a truck full of Jeep parts, and the border guy was asking what year the jeeps were.

A bit of a side note, but I was told by a guy at Wpg R&D a few months back, that the MLVWs starters and oil coolers were controlled goods. I now notice that Prefair is selling MLVWs lacking those two parts. And yet, I am pretty sure that anything green on those trucks (lights, gages etc,) will be controlled as well.
Old 17-07-10, 21:44
Gilles Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
Just a guess here Gilles, but I suspect ignorance is bliss. The CUCV will be controlled. Heck, even SMP trailers are now controlled, with no sales to non-US citizens. Even the old pattern M-16 bayonet now needs end user certs, and no non-US sales.

The multi level layers of controls may not be known by your car dealer, and perhaps may or may not be known by the Border patrol, who now do exit checks on many days. We just came back from the MVPA convention with a truck full of Jeep parts, and the border guy was asking what year the jeeps were.

A bit of a side note, but I was told by a guy at Wpg R&D a few months back, that the MLVWs starters and oil coolers were controlled goods. I now notice that Prefair is selling MLVWs lacking those two parts. And yet, I am pretty sure that anything green on those trucks (lights, gages etc,) will be controlled as well.
Not all CUCVs have a EUC, my new M1031had no EUC when sold at GL. Don't forget not all CUCVs are sold by GL some are sold by Govt Surplus and nothing there requires a EUC not even a M35. GL is not the only place that sells govt surplus vehicles.
All the dealers sell to Canadians, no matter what the vehicle. I have 6 MVs in my yard from a M1010 CUCV to a M816 wrecker and they came from the US and no EUC hassle. The biggest thing is , if you want a vehicle buy from a dealer not from a private individual. If you look at Steel Soldiers you will see that prices have increased dramatically, the M35 has gone from about $2500 to $4500 in less than a year and you get the EUC hassle. I don't buy from individuals only from dealers and in the end I have gotten a better truck at a better price.
As to the MLVWs, they have always been sold w/o starters and oil coolers and in some provinces i.e. NL, no radiators. The items are a controlled item in that DND has classified them as "B" class items, order one, return the old one. When I purchased my MLs they had no starters, I went to a local rebuild shop and bought a brand new 24V starter that fits on the ML for $400, DND paid over $900 for the same starter. As to the oil coolers the are harder to get as they are obsolete at Detroit Diesel, I found and bought 20 oil coolers from the US and I am sitting on them waiting for the next batch of trucks to come on the market.
This week I won 5 tri walls of ML parts on Crown Asset and they are going into my reserve. The parts are being sold before the trucks.
Gilles
Old 18-07-10, 01:45

Default Cucv

Here is one near me in Ontario.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ199015748

Or a Blazer in Quebec

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ209474428

Paul
Old 18-07-10, 03:44
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpns 421 View Post
Dan I can get you a M1008 from the US with no hassles, I have just bought a M1031 Maint Contact truck from a dealer in the US and he told me he has quite a few M1008 pickups. The M1031 I bought cost me $5K and will be delivered this week, it is in very nice condition and has a lot of the original eqpt. Here is his name and address. These guys are on north west side of Chicago. To ship my truck it cost me $925 delivered to Ogdensburg NY 120KM from Mtl.
I will pick up the truck at the border and bring it across myself, the paperwork is very very easy and no hassle, no bother with EUC etc. Check their website.
Gilles

Jeff at Motorsource, Inc
2210 Skokie Valley Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035
847 579 5095
Hello All,

Not knowing what a M1031 or a CUCV was I did a quick internet search and it turns out there is an ambulance version of this type of truck and also a state troopers version too for sale.

http://www.parramore.com/cucv.html There is no mention of how old this site is. Good photos though.

Kind Regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2
Old 18-07-10, 13:57
Gilles Chartrand

Yes there is an ambulance version it is called the M1010 and I have one, the police version you see is a converted ambulance. My M1010 was used by the Philadelphia Police dept as a Swat vehicle. The Blazer version annonced on Kiijii is very expensive, go to the Motorsource website and you will see a Blazer for $3700, plse hurry if you are interested as I am.
Old 18-07-10, 15:09

nice a blazer with nuts!
Old 27-07-10, 03:22
Gilles Chartrand

Default newest truck M1031

Here are some pictures of my newest truck a CUCV M1031 contact maint truck. 1986 Chev, 6.2 diesel with 12K miles, 19K KM. Inside gas generator with Hobart welder and a compressor. Excellent condition mechanically, we will be repainting it.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0100.JPG   DSCN0102.jpg   DSCN0103.jpg   DSCN0104.jpg   DSCN0105.jpg  

Old 27-07-10, 03:32

I looked at the one on Kijiji, it's rough, and $5000! I saw some good ones in the U.S, but I haven't the faintest clue where to look. Any one have any suggestions as to good suppliers in the U.S with websites?
Old 27-07-10, 03:49
Wilf Alexander

Default re: CUCV info

Hi Dan...I sent you a private message, due to it being long winded...hopefully it's of some assistance to you...Wilf
1985 M1008
Old 27-07-10, 13:05
Gilles Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Sicotte View Post
I looked at the one on Kijiji, it's rough, and $5000! I saw some good ones in the U.S, but I haven't the faintest clue where to look. Any one have any suggestions as to good suppliers in the U.S with websites?
There is an address on another post for the place where I got my truck, he has some good trucks. He has the Blazer M1009, and he will be getting some pickups soon. Go to there website and leave them a message with what you are looking for. The Blazer I saw on Kijiji was $8000 Motorsource had one for sale at $3750. Sometimes dealers will not have what you need but if you leave a request they might be able to get one. Also if you go on GL and see one you like you can ask the dealer to bid on it for you, I have done this before.
Don't forget the fianl bid prices you see on GL are not complete, you must add 10% for GL, Taxes, transport, GST at the border, the vehicle must be picked up before a certain date. I prefer to buy from a dealer. Gilles
Old 28-07-10, 03:30
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpns 421 View Post
Yes there is an ambulance version it is called the M1010 and I have one, the police version you see is a converted ambulance. My M1010 was used by the Philadelphia Police dept as a Swat vehicle. The Blazer version annonced on Kiijii is very expensive, go to the Motorsource website and you will see a Blazer for $3700, plse hurry if you are interested as I am.
G'day Wpns 421,

I am in Australia and did not know what a M1010 or a CUCV was so I did an internet search, just to satisfy my curiosity - well for a little while at least Good luck on your search for what looks like a pretty nice truck - well for one with the steering wheel on its wrong side and also the wrong side of the Pacific pond

Kind Regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2
Old 29-07-10, 16:30
Gilles Chartrand

Thumbs down

Hey Lionel
Thanks for the post, I did get a nice truck as you can see in the pictures and it runs like a dream. I had to do a lot to get it ready for the road, I changed one headlight and one windshield wiper, otherwise perfect.
The diesel runs sweet, the stranges thing on this truck is the glowplugs, they are manually wired into the dash, hold down the switch 5 seconds, start engine. Usually the glow plugs are wired onto the ignition. This truck makes # 9 in the collection, truly addicted to thee machines.
As to the steering on the right side, I got a first hand knowledge of driving on the wrong side of the road when I visited my son in New Zealand. Normally easy till you get into the roundabouts. Gilles