MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 02-11-10, 18:22
Squid out of water.

Default Ford CMP Wrecker in Ontario

Gents,

Although I am primarily a Jeep guy, I do love CMPs as well - how can you not? At any rate, I thought I should post up here that when I still lived in Ontario there was an old CMP (an early Ford, I think) with either a crane or a wrecker body, sitting behind the old service station at what used to be Highway 89 and Grey/Wellington Road 6 (right on the county line), west of Mount Forest (north of Waterloo/Guelph).

I have no idea whether it is still there, or if it is what condition it is in, but it might be worth checking out if someone is interested in it. That said, if someone does go and see it, try and post some photos if it's still there - and particularly if you buy it!

Mike
Old 02-11-10, 18:24
Squid out of water.

Looking around on the internet, I quickly found this page:

http://www.amv-lilliput.org/MODELLI/...PWRECK_ENG.htm

The one I remember looked very much like the "1st type".
Old 02-11-10, 19:11

Default Ashton Armoury

Head over to the ashton armoury on Vannalmen, they have a cab 13 Wrecker in thier collection.
Old 05-11-10, 02:11

Default Cmp

I used to drive past one on the corner of Grey Road 6 and 89 I believe, just outside Mount Forrest I think. It was a small scrap yard. I used to pass bye it on my way from London to ATC Meaford, when I was RSS with 4RCR in London. It was there in 2002 when I was posted back east. I may have some pictures of it some where... it was in pretty hard shape as I remember. As well if memory serves me correct it was either an 11 or 12 cab....

Craig Tanner
Old 07-11-10, 01:21
Squid out of water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Tanner View Post
I used to drive past one on the corner of Grey Road 6 and 89 I believe, just outside Mount Forrest I think. It was a small scrap yard. I used to pass bye it on my way from London to ATC Meaford, when I was RSS with 4RCR in London. It was there in 2002 when I was posted back east. I may have some pictures of it some where... it was in pretty hard shape as I remember. As well if memory serves me correct it was either an 11 or 12 cab....

Craig Tanner
That would be the one, although I haven't driven past there since '97 or '98. It didn't look too bad when I saw it - the cab certainly seemed solid, anyway.

Mike
Old 07-11-10, 13:00

Default Gone

I live about 20 miles from this location and travel by here once a month. The yard is gone as well as all of the scrap and vehicles. It was cleaned out about 3 years ago. I hear rumors of a dollar store going in there now!
Harris
Old 07-11-10, 19:13
Squid out of water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Harris View Post
I live about 20 miles from this location and travel by here once a month. The yard is gone as well as all of the scrap and vehicles. It was cleaned out about 3 years ago. I hear rumors of a dollar store going in there now!
Harris
Too bad, but saves me a trip out there next time I'm home. Who would put a dollar store out there? It's the middle of nowhere!

Mike