MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 18-04-04, 18:35
Dog Robber

Default Daffy Stuff

I haven't done this for some time, see if it works.
Old 18-04-04, 18:42
Dog Robber

Try again
Attached Thumbnails
daffordtrado_jandevries.jpg  
Old 18-04-04, 18:44
Dog Robber

And more
Attached Thumbnails
dafcar.jpg  
Old 18-04-04, 18:46
Dog Robber

On a roll, how do you do multiple pics (think three is max?)
Attached Images

Old 18-04-04, 20:45
Overvalwagen-o-logist

Default well done Bill!

Well done Bill! So shall we make this the official Daf and TRADO thread?

Kind regards,
Nuyt
Old 18-04-04, 21:03
Overvalwagen-o-logist

Default Daf fords

here is a pic from the www:

HTH
Nuyt
Attached Images

Old 19-04-04, 15:45
Dog Robber

Morning Nuyt:

Actually, I was just playing around as I had not posted any photos for some time. I really like the DAF vehicles and since GWB has not objected to our straying from the strictly CMP stuff I will add the DAF concept to the MH concept as probably a legitimate brother/sister to the whole question of these "adapted" vehicles we all love so much.

Sad to say, I am now no longer again able to post pics. Bad Day at Black Rock to quote an old American film. Just after posting those pics, I installed my new scanner, a Hewlett Packard Scanjet 4670 digital flatbed model. Had a few install problems but it finally got going and I scanned in some really neat USMC MH photos I got from the USMC 30 odd years ago. Scanned fine, they are on my "Favorite Pictures" gallery (although as a file, not as individual pics) but I cannot open the pic file to attach it to this forum nor any other. I get an error message "cannot find pictureviewer.exe" and just nothing happens.

I spent an hour on the "self help" site and it was a nightmare. Must have been 20 pages plus of possible conflicts between the scanner software and other software, hardware, peripherals etc. etc. I am going to try both the e-mail help thingie and if that fails the telephone help but I get so tired of talking to Indians, Russians and Filipinos trying to reach a common sort of English.
If all else fails, I guess I will have to take it off the PC and try something else. Pity, as I was so excited about finally being able to scan all of my "goodies" onto this site. Well, not all, maybe but some of the really nice ones. I will keep you posted and in the meantime, keep posting yourself. You obviously have some really nice stuff to share.

Edit: It also blocks all other pics on my Favorite Pictures from opening so I have 1,000 images that are dead in the water.
Bill
Old 19-04-04, 15:54
Overvalwagen-o-logist

Default scanner problems

Hi Bill, me too, I had some scanner problems and somehow part of my software does not work as it initially worked.

Now, to post I do not use the HP software anymore (just use it to work on the pics) but bring on the pic from the scanner through "My pictures" and it works just as well! But may be there is someone who knows about solving these problems, Hanno perhaps?

Am looking forward for your MH pics though! If there is something you want to share right now, send it to one of use and we can post it... (my first pics were posted by David).

Cheers,
Nuyt
Old 19-04-04, 16:48
Dog Robber

Well, Nuyt:

A web search does show such a thing as "pictureviewer.exe" and I guess I could download it but it is all from secondary sites and I have a great fear of that.

Regarding your other solution, remember that the scanner software has "kidnapped" my Favorite Pictures in that it blocks opening any of them, not just the few I scanned yesterday. Also if I go to the HP Manager icon I can get both just the ones I scanned and also all of the rest I had residing in that file.

I am not sure where to go from here. There were 4 graphics suites included on the install CD and three of them installed, the fourth I didn"t want and should not have had any effect.

I am not real good at this but am considering trying to uninstall the whole deal at this point but even then I may miss something.
I do not understand why even the best manufacturers cannot come up with common programming on such everyday things as a scanner and have it work with MS/AOL or whatever without all of these really frustrating problems.
Sorry to clutter up the BB, but if I don't get it resolved one way or the other, no more neat pics:
Old 20-04-04, 03:12
Dog Robber

try again.
Crashed still no solution.

Last edited by Bill Murray; 20-04-04 at 03:17.
Old 20-04-04, 15:27
MLU Administrator

Default Re: scanner problems

Quote:
Originally posted by ericnuyt
Now, to post I do not use the HP software anymore (just use it to work on the pics) but bring on the pic from the scanner through "My pictures" and it works just as well! But may be there is someone who knows about solving these problems, Hanno perhaps?
Bill, Nuyt, I don't know the specifics of HP's scanner software, but one should be able to scan a picture and save it in a folder you have designated ("rare MH pics", for example ) in a format you select (usually JPEG, .jpg).

Whatever you want to do with the scan after that (edit, e-mail, view, etc.) should be possible independent from the scanner's software.

Using Windows Explorer, first check if it is a maximum of 700 pixels wide and smaller than 1MB (select "details" to see "Size" and "Dimensions"). Use Microsoft Photo Editor (standard software within the Windows suite) to resize the picture if needed.

Attaching a picture to a posting on MLU should then be easy: press the "browse" button next to the "Attach file" field (below the "Your Reply" field where you type your message) and search the picture you want to attach in your own hard disk's folder structure.

Hope this helps,
Hanno
(holding his breath for those rare MH pics )
Old 20-04-04, 23:44
Dog Robber

Thanks both of you.
As we have no spot on this Bulletin Board for PC help, let me just say that I uninstalled the Scanner but still have the problem with "My Pictures". I will play around with it for another day or so and in the meantime will contact you directly with PC questions (no not lots of them).
Bill
Old 22-04-04, 02:20
Dog Robber

Again How bout that . twenty two tries after refiddling my system and I think it works again.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bill Murray; 22-04-04 at 14:10.
Old 22-04-04, 11:21
MLU Administrator

Default well done!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Murray
twenty two tries after refiddling my system and I think it works again.
Bill, well done! Now, I'm holding my breath for all those rare M-H to appear on this forum
Old 25-04-04, 20:57
Dog Robber

Out of Dafs for the moment
Attached Images

Old 25-04-04, 21:08
Overvalwagen-o-logist

Default what kind of truck is that?

Hi Bill, see you are doning fine now.

What kind of Daf Ford is this, I mean the sort of vehicle?

Cheers
Nuyt
Old 26-04-04, 00:35
Dog Robber

Nuyt:
Not a Daf Ford but an ordinary a V8-51 of around 1937 I think.
Sorry for the lousey pic but I just got my pic posting thingie fixed again and was just experimenting.

As I recall, it is an ambulance on the Ford chassis.
Bill