MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 21-06-08, 14:01
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Default MLUers in Calgary?

I am headed out for a work assignment tomorrow and was just wondering if we have any MLU guys in the Calgary / Strathmore / Sheerness area of Alberta?

Might just have a day or two to check out the local sights and always enjoy "talking trucks" with other MV enthusiasts. Since I am there for at least 3 weeks I thought I might see who may be around.

At any rate, I am hoping to spend a day or so around Banff, just to be able to say I've seen the mountains.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers
Old 21-06-08, 14:58
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris vickery View Post
I am headed out for a work assignment tomorrow and was just wondering if we have any MLU guys in the Calgary / Strathmore / Sheerness area of Alberta?

Might just have a day or two to check out the local sights and always enjoy "talking trucks" with other MV enthusiasts. Since I am there for at least 3 weeks I thought I might see who may be around.

At any rate, I am hoping to spend a day or so around Banff, just to be able to say I've seen the mountains.
Chris...Watch out..I went out west at 19 years old And lived a year...I was hooked..I got transfered back to Ontario and was here three years and then a year in Urrup and then a year (During the FLQ crisis in'70) in Northern Quebec..Then three years in Alberta,one year back in Ontario,then three years back in Alberta and then 11 years in Sask.and then back to Ontario...Worst mistake of my life..coming back to Ontario..
I have missed the West every day since...
You may get hooked too ,probably the smartest thing you ever did..
Good luck..
Old 24-06-08, 05:27
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Thanks Alex.

I have been working out here on and off for the last 4 months.

I must say it is indeed nice country albeit one of the nuttiest places I have ever been... Yes, Ontario is wacky, uptight, etc but with the boom out here its plain crazy.

Walk into a decent restaurant of choice after 5pm and you will be lucky to get a table in an hour or so...the place is half full but there isn't any staff to serve the lineup at the door. Stop at a Tim's, McD's etc after 7pm and they're closed, no staff. Pay more for your coffee, your meal, your hotel, you name it. $5 loaves of bread, I can go on. The hustle and bustle makes Toronto seem tame as does the soaring crime rate. Daily robberies, shootings, ripoffs, drug dealers, never do wells etc. And this is Edmonton and Calgary, never mind Ft Mack where the real modern day Wild West is.

I'm not complaining though; come where the $$$ are and when its over run like hell back to Ontario and that fine Quebecoise girl of mine...

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers