on this Valentines Day ... (a special woof-n-arf
to my dear SHADSTER)
Attached Images

Old 14-02-05, 15:40
Vets Dottir

Default DO YOU VALENTINE??????????????

Hey,

Do YOU "VALENTINE" ???

... meaning: do any of you give Valentines or acknowledge the day with loved :love: ones in any way at all?

MA
Old 14-02-05, 17:10
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: DO YOU VALENTINE??????????????

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Hey,

Do YOU "VALENTINE" ???

... meaning: do any of you give Valentines or acknowledge the day with loved :love: ones in any way at all?

MA
SAY WHAT??????..................
Old 14-02-05, 17:22
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: DO YOU VALENTINE??????????????

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
SAY WHAT??????..................
Why must guys think they need to spend $50 on roses or candy etc ... ONE ROSE, or some GESTURE even ... to acknowledge the fun and romance ... is really what most women want

It's the THOUGHT that counts right? But then I know thinking is a little comes-and-goes when ya get old like you !

(Don't forget the spirit of play ... its the laughter and the pleasure thats the hook ... not $50 bucks worth of flowers that die anyways)
Old 14-02-05, 17:30
Vets Dottir

Default C'mere Valentine

Oh VALENTINE???

Where fore art YOU my darned Valentine?
Attached Images

Old 14-02-05, 18:51
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default Valentine

I did surprise Chrissie with some flowers when I got home about 10 minutes ago - we don't normally do anything for Valentines as it's also our sons birthday!

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 14-02-05, 19:06
Film maker, CMP addict

Default I did...

...a little personal note and some chocolates on coming home from work... then copped it for not wrapping them!

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 14-02-05, 19:11
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Valentine

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
I did surprise Chrissie with some flowers when I got home about 10 minutes ago - we don't normally do anything for Valentines as it's also our sons birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SON!

Well ... I'm pleased you added a little extra perk to this day and flowers are great ... makes ya think SPRING is not too far off. Right? (It's absolutely miserable here today)

My oldest daughter and son-in-law are celebrating their wedding anniversay today too. A Velentines Day Wedding ... I'll send them cyber hugs and kisses and perhaps call later.
Old 14-02-05, 19:16
Vets Dottir

Default Re: I did...

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
...a little personal note and some chocolates on coming home from work... then copped it for not wrapping them!
Well my friend... I'm suitably impressed with yore sense of the romance and fun ... as for not wrapping the choccy-things ... ah well ... get with the program my friend. A little Valentines Spirit here ok?
Old 14-02-05, 19:18
Vets Dottir

Default PS:

(darnit all anyways ... it's just so friggen difficult to find chocolate covered CMPS for the miltarily-inclined ... I'll have to think of something suitable before "someone" gets home from work
Old 14-02-05, 19:21
Senior Forum Member

Talking Re: PS:

Quote:
(darnit all anyways ... it's just so friggen difficult to find chocolate covered CMPS for the miltarily-inclined ... I'll have to think of something suitable before "someone" gets home from work
1x 24 or 1x 40 pounder........ Oh, and throw in a 'Hug'........
Old 14-02-05, 19:26
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: PS:

Quote:
1x 24 or 1x 40 pounder........ Oh, and throw in a 'Hug'........
I'll see what I can do

MEANWHILE ... and WHAT, MASTER MARK, have you done for your BLACK CADDILACS LOVE and OFFSPRING to put a sparkle in their eyes today?

BTW ... what have YOU received for Valentines Day so far?

Old 14-02-05, 19:46
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Re: PS:

Quote:
I'll see what I can do

MEANWHILE ... and WHAT, MASTER MARK, have you done for your BLACK CADDILACS LOVE and OFFSPRING to put a sparkle in their eyes today?

BTW ... what have YOU received for Valentines Day so far?

Today is Monday, 14th February, 2005. Yesterday was Sunday, 13th February, 2005 and tomorrow will be Tuesday, 15th February, 2005......What's so special about today, it's a day like any other day.........except its raining here today.........
Old 14-02-05, 20:10
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: PS:

Quote:
Today is Monday, 14th February, 2005. Yesterday was Sunday, 13th February, 2005 and tomorrow will be Tuesday, 15th February, 2005......What's so special about today, it's a day like any other day.........except its raining here today.........
I agree ... a day like any other day but with a little perk to add a little perk to an otherwise ... "just another day" if someone wants to play with that
Old 14-02-05, 20:46
Dog Robber

May be a little off colour here but.....
May I wish a Very Happy Valentines Day to all of the "Bulletin Board Widows" that I know are out there who's husbands and significant others insist on populating this board instead of buying that big box of chocolates or organizing a dinner at the local Inn or maybe even doing the dishes today.

I, of course, am exempt this year. My Pat is in Arizona, I am here in Georgia and I called her promptly at 0900 Arizona time to wish her
a Happy Valentines Day and told her I will keep the box of chocolates in the freezer until she returns home.

Come to think of it, I really have this a bit screwed up.
Today is my day off and not only am I doing the dishes, I am also doing the laundry, cleaning the house, taking care of all the pets, doing the grocery shopping............

And, my Pat is not here to see it. Of course, on the other hand she is not having to gripe at me for being on the internet on this day for the ladies.
Now, about that chocolate in the freezer. Hmmmm.........
Bill
Old 14-02-05, 21:09
Vets Dottir

Default HANNO

And HERE for YOU HANNO ... I went shopping for a Valentine for you to give to yore Missus You'll have to toss in your own sweetheart stuff though.

Attached Images

Old 14-02-05, 21:13
Vets Dottir

Default MASTER SUNRAY

Hey G-WIZ ... here is your SPECIAL VALENTINE from Little Miss MA Pixie Witch (am waiting for another tank to deliver the chocolate covering!)
Attached Images

Old 14-02-05, 21:24
Vets Dottir

Default Sigh

Now ... THIS Valentine is NOT verra romantic, eh?
Attached Images

Old 14-02-05, 21:26
RIP

Default Re: DO YOU VALENTINE??????????????

Quote:
Hey,

Do YOU "VALENTINE" ???

MA
First off,your dear Shadster is laying right now here in the den,with his leash sitting in front of him.He went into the porch upstairs,pulled it of the coat rack & brought it down here,I'm now getting a dirty sad look.Hell,it's freezing rain outside as I write.
What did I do for Valentines' day?I walked in the freezing rain(Deb takes the car to work as I am again unemployed) over to the Liquor Commission,bought a bottle of red Mouton Cadet wine,plus a bag to put it in,and tied a red ribbon bow on the wine bag.Next went to the card store & got a mushy card for her.Actually,I'm in the(Shadster)dog house.When I came downstairs this morning,after she left,there was a little hand written note saying"You were even into my wine last night".Hoping my gesture makes up for stolen wine!!
Old 14-02-05, 21:28
Vets Dottir

Cool For The Scottish Lassies and Laddies

Verra nice .... for all you scots blooded ones to give to yore verra nice sweethearts
Attached Images

Old 14-02-05, 21:34
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: DO YOU VALENTINE??????????????

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
First off,your dear Shadster is laying right now here in the den,with his leash sitting in front of him.He went into the porch upstairs,pulled it of the coat rack & brought it down here,I'm now getting a dirty sad look.Hell,it's freezing rain outside as I write.
What did I do for Valentines' day?I walked in the freezing rain(Deb takes the car to work as I am again unemployed) over to the Liquor Commission,bought a bottle of red Mouton Cadet wine,plus a bag to put it in,and tied a red ribbon bow on the wine bag.Next went to the card store & got a mushy card for her.Actually,I'm in the(Shadster)dog house.When I came downstairs this morning,after she left,there was a little hand written note saying"You were even into my wine last night".Hoping my gesture makes up for stolen wine!!
WOOF

Do you have room in that doghouse for guests? (how many others are "in the doghouse today"???

to you and yours and may the sweet be in the heart for all of you for the rest of the day til Valentines Day is safely ... past!
Old 14-02-05, 21:38
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Murray
May be a little off colour here but.....
May I wish a Very Happy Valentines Day to all of the "Bulletin Board Widows" that I know are out there who's husbands and significant others insist on populating this board instead of buying that big box of chocolates or organizing a dinner at the local Inn or maybe even doing the dishes today.Hmmmm.........
Bill
Well, MASTER BILL... there is also such a creature as a "BULLETIN BOARD WIDOWER" is there not? (in the case of the card a few back, that would be a self-created widower )

And BY THE WAY ... who said Valentines Day is strictly for the ladies??? EH? I know many a shmaltzy man who loves to receive flowers and candy ... especially if coated with spirits!

This is not role-reversal ... this is ... simply VALENTINES SPIRIT
Old 15-02-05, 06:25
Vets Dottir

Default Hmmm

Ah yes ... another Valentines Day is history.

Now get back to work!

Old 18-02-05, 21:15
Vets Dottir

Default Yum ... I LOVE chocolate!

I don't know who the woman in this story is yet but I'm sure the town knows... meanwhile, gotta love the one who gave this lady chocolates this year. You never know how such a little gift can make such a difference hey? I would have died ... no one gave me chocolates

Quote:
Chocolate Saved Her Life

TMTV/BCTV KOOTENAYS for BCTV Newshour on Global- Feb 18

A woman in Nelson spent nearly two hours trapped in freezing water, after her SUV flipped into the Kootenay River on Valentine's Day.

And, believe it or not, a box of chocolates is being credited in helping save her life.

The woman was found by her boyfriend, who went looking for her when she didn't show up for work early Monday morning.

Crews say the woman was stuck between the two seats and was breathing in an air pocket.

A firefighter said a heart-shaped box of chocolates was floating in the vehicle and eating them helped keep her core temperature up.

The very lucky woman was taken to hospital with hypothermia and released.